Speaker Question.

superdavz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m going to replace the speakers in my new coupe. Does anyone know how many there are and what the sizes are? Thanks.

phoenix1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The door speakers are 6 1/2". I'm going to replace mine with Polk Audio which were recommended in past threads. I'm read that it's a significant improve over the Alpines. Circuit City has them an internet sale right now for 89.00 for the pair (10.00 savings). I haven't seen anyone talk about replacing the other speakers, but you might want to look at a prior thread dated 5/30/06. Others have spent a lot of dough changing the whole system. Our worst enemy is noise. Good luck!

Lee

Mike Dolan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The noise problem is pretty easy to deal with, and relatively inexpensive. If you're interested, let me know and I can help you. Basically the bulkhead behind the seats is the major source of noise, and there are vibration absorbent mats that fix the problem. Several different companies make the material, start your search by googling dynamat and damplifier. You will find a bunch of references for different materials.

Regards,
Mike Dolan

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire