Speaker recommendations

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really dont want to go the sub route but would like to get the best sound possible with some stock size replacements. I listen to all types of music from Rap to Rock if that matters. I also would like to know if anyone has the brackets for the stock amp that they wouldnt mind selling. I no longer have mine but would still like to use my stock amp. Thanks for the help. Nathan

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really dont want to go the sub route but would like to get the best sound possible with some stock size replacements. I listen to all types of music from Rap to Rock if that matters. I also would like to know if anyone has the brackets for the stock amp that they wouldnt mind selling. I no longer have mine but would still like to use my stock amp. Thanks for the help. Nathan

Being somewhat of an audiophile I would suggest finding an "independent" stereo shop in your area and take a listen to what they have. Stay far away from the box stores as most of the speakers they sell are the lower end of whatever brand you see. I suggest "Hertz" as a very good speaker at a reasonable price. If you go any higher end than that (like Canton) you really need a different amp and head unit. Good luck.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kicker KS 600s DEFINITELY! They'll fit right in the stock locations. I tried the Alpine route first and ended up going with the Kickers and love them. You can find them on flea bay for about $50 a pair.:2tu:

JBW1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any suggestions on replacing the stock woofer in '97 RT/10? Mine is blown. I don't need to go nuts, I just want to replace the speaker.

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean my GTS has a radio? :D

I'm running stock everything in my '97 (audio that is). Quality is pretty poor.

Please post what you end up going with and what you think with the stock head unit and amp. Some of the search results are dated.

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
keep in mind that if you only do speakers, you will have almost no bass. I'd go with the trouble of fitting 8" speakers in the door.

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I changed all of my speakers to Kickers along with a 10 inch kicker sub. The difference from stock is huge but still not as crisp as a very good sound system.