Sport bar clear plastic strip

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is a clear plastic strip next to the sport bar pad on the sport bar that is a little hacked up due to what appears to be a previous owner not being able to find the "holes" for the hard top. Is this strip available? I can remove it but I like the added protection.

Thanks,
Santo

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The strip also came on my 02. Dodge actually has a part number for the strip. It comes pre-cut in a box. I made Dodge give me one under warranty and I figured I would wait until the discoloration got worst before I replace it. I will go get the box later and get the part number of it.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:nono: It was standard on my 1998.
I was wondering if the previous owner had added that to my car ('99 RT/10). Now I know it apparently came that way. The same material is also on the bottom corners of my front fascia.

OP
OP
S

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The strip also came on my 02. Dodge actually has a part number for the strip. It comes pre-cut in a box. I made Dodge give me one under warranty and I figured I would wait until the discoloration got worst before I replace it. I will go get the box later and get the part number of it.

That would be great. I looked over the 2001 Parts Catalogue and it was not shown or listed.

Santo

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Santo,

I forgot to do it last night, I will grab the box from the garage on my way in the house tonight.

John

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ALL,
I recognized this problem years ago when I took off/put on, the hard top the first time, that the bolts could and probably would scratch or nick the sport bar. I found a piece of rubber tubing (auto parts store), with an inside diameter the same as the bolt diameter. Cut a piece to a length (about 2 inches), that will wedge between the bolt head and the hardtop when the bolt is pulled all the way out. Slit the rubber tube from end to end, and when removing the hardtop bolt, slide/wedge the tube onto the bolt. This will keep the bolt fully retracted, so when you put the hard top on, the bolt(s) are not a problem.
Later,

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sport Bar Applique [came on GENII's] #4848875AB MSRP $65.10
[less 20% VCA, in stock]

Just grabbed the box and Tator beat me to it! BTW, the box has the same part number on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456