Sport Compact Car Magazine

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another glowing review of the Viper. They take a modded Lancer and pummel a '08 on the Streets of Willow race track.

The author says he would never get back in that pig (Viper) again. Hahahahahaha:lmao:

All is I can say it's good to be King! :2tu: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: (as I light cigar here.)

Maybe, if the author got a job so he could afford a $86,000 car, then he wouldn't bad mouth it......I bet his punctuation and spelling is better then mine though....:rolaugh:

Go check it out or someone post a link here.....

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A modded Lancer.Reminds me of some of the Spanish guys who run at Englishtown.The tech inspector throws me out for running under 12s without a rool bar ,meanwhile (NO BS )my buddy Elvis passes tech with a rool bar made out of PVC pipe (his track car is what used to be a toyota station wagon with a Supra engine.)his gas tank (save weight )no BS again is off of a lawn mower (Briggs and Stratton )

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Streets of Willow is not a "Viper friendly" track, very tight and narrow, no place for it to stretch its legs. I ran my Gen2 there and managed a poor 1:31, now go next door to Big Willow and the tune will change.

XLR8SN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. The review was a little harsh, but given the track...I dont think that it suited the Viper very well. Kind of a given that the AWD Evo would beat the Viper on that kind of a course. A bit biased I thought.

Ahhh well...cant please everyone. Just be happy with your own and appreciate the automotive sport world. :2tu:

Guy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Point the author my way.. I have enough *** car street credibility.. Amongst my rather extensive collection, I own two seriously modded Skyline GTRs (R33) and yet am selling them to make place for my SRT-10 :cool:

EVOs can't handle more than re-map/new ECU, an air filter & exhaust without directly affecting reliability. Heck even in stock form you can break gearboxes and differentials..

*** cars are fun, very quick but too high strung to stay trouble free when seriously modded. There's some respect to see small engines making lots of horsepower, but after a while with all the reliability issues it gets old.

I have yet to meet a EVO/Impreza/RX7 driver that doesn't want a Viper btw.. I definitely did! :D

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read Road and Track where they took the ACR to the Streets of Willow. It was 2nd out of 10. I think the best the EVO did in the four tests was 8th.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just by the way they described the Viper handling on the track it seemed they didnt have a clue on how to drive it properly. They have a long history of bashing the Viper. Nothing new here.

Not taking anything away from the EVO. I know what they can do but this wasnt a serious effort put in by whoever drove that Viper. At least thats the way it came across.

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Evo was on race tires, viper on stock tires. Big difference. I have an evo and that article was ******** written by a retard in a ******** magazine read mostly (present company excluded) by retards.