SRT-10 and VGX Discussions Forum - Why so little activity?

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just because there are far fewer Gen III's out there, or does this signal a demographic or cultural shift in Viper ownership. Are a significant number of the Gen III buyers car lovers but not true Viper people? I'm planning on getting a Gen III and check the forum regularly. It occurred to me that something is missing. But what is it?

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMHO the answer is found in the body of your text. I'm not going to point it out as my flame suit is at the cleaners. ;) :usa:

Leonard Knight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am fortunate enough to have a 96GTS and the 2003 SRT10 and monitor both discussions everyday but post mostly to the SRT section. It seems to me that the SRT10 is an easier car to drive hard and instills more confidence. That said the loud, stiff, modified GTS still makes me smile more when I drive it. I do drive the SRT more and don't get me wrong it is a great car and I am pleased with the changes but it is not as edgy as the GTS.

Two other points to make. First, the available modifications are just coming out for the SRT combined with the fact that there are a lot fewer of them out there, gives less to talk about. Secondly, in order to use these cars on the track you have to add a roll bar for nearly any event. Not everyone wants to do that so I don't see a lot of the SRT's on the track for the near future anyway.

Both great cars and both will be in my garage until the bury me in one of them. Haven't decided which one yet.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are only about 1500 or so SRTs out there by now, compared to what 15,000 or so gen1/2 cars. The SRT owners have brand new cars with no maintenance issues, well, maybe they have some, but they are covered by warranty, and there is a lot of posting regarding their specific warranty issues as you would expect. They probably have not had their cars long enough to think about mods and if they have there are not many mods available yet. As far as participation with VCA events I have actually been surprised, these owners show up in large numbers, both at car events and pure party events.