SRT-10 brakes on GTS !!

ChoiceViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I noticed a flyer for SnakeOyl a while back advertising an SRT-10 brake conversion for GTS's. Anyone have this mod? If so, how do they perform, and how much $$$$ are we talkin' about? (the ad read "call for pricing" so it's probably an arm and a leg.)

Dave

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if somebody can give me snakeoyls phone # i will call them. i want the conversion kit for the brembo brakes off a srt-10 for my 2001 gts-acr. i am gonna buy that system. i would much rather have those brakes than the stoptech brakes. i think the stoptech brakes look ugly. i think the brembo brakes look so much better.

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny - Stop Techs are made by Brembo

Spoke with Snake Oil - kit will not be out until Jan-Feb next year - no pricing at this time. In the conversation they indicated the kit could involve replacement of the knuckles - look for a price way north of StopTech's if knuckles need to be replaced.

Seriously doubt if this kit will be a matter of SRT calipers and a four aluminum brackets. My understanding the Comp Coupe has the SRT setup - those guys can buy calipers for under $300 per and pads are cheap as compared to StopTech's options.

Talk to guys that race Vipers and most will choose StopTech - StopTechs were highly praised by the late Paul Mumford.

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suspect that the SRT-10 braking performance is a *combination* of calipers, rotors, brake biasing, AND an ABS system all designed to work together with emphasis on the ABS.

I'd be suprised if bolting SRT-10 hardware on a GEN II car would be any better then other aftermarket systems currently available.

Jim

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All that, plus chassis & suspension differences, lighter weight, etc. I see no reason not to go with Stoptechs for a Gen-II.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT has significantly revised anti-squat and anti-dive geometry. Simply looking at the brake hardware does not tell the whole story.