SRT 10 hunt

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mendocino, on the lovely North coast of California
Hello all, Well I finally got to drive several srt10's and wanted to ask some questions and share some thoughts with those that already own the beast and have posted answers to my last post. I drove two cars quite a bit, one 04 and one 03. I was very favorable impressed with the responsiveness, blown away by the brakes, and found that I really liked the styling. Oh yeah, and I loved the seats! My experience of the 04 car which had just 30 milew on it was very positive. The car was easy to drive, moved well and gave all the right answers to braking and acceleration prompts. The 03 car drove more like my gen II car, seemed less responsive and supple and had major trammlining issues. This car also had 3k on the clock and I don't know the ownership history as it was at a high end generic dealer showroom.
My questions are 1. are the run flat tires especially susceptible to trammlining? Did they improve between 03 and 04? and have any of you switched to regular pilots because of run flat handling deficencies?
2. Besides the red rotors, what other changes were there between 03 and 04?
3. We kept going back and forth on the colors, could you guys(and gals) post your favorite pic of your car so we can have some ammo for the decision.
Thanks to all and happy new year.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'03 or '04 same car diff color brake calipers thats it. the only explanation i can give for the feel is the '03 may not have had the engine pcm reflash. tires the same. I love this car.

Josiah Gross

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other differences between the 03 and 04 is the Mopar trunk mat and boot cover is included on the 04. Also I think the 04 is about 1,000 more. My color choice is Silver with Black a close second. Hope this helps!!

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You sent me to the dictionary to figure out what you are saying, but I'm still not sure I understand what you mean by trammlining (your spelling).
I have both a 96 GTS and a 03 SRT-10.
I don't see any shackles on these cars.
You have to use the LOUD pedal, but the new car WORKS!

Let me know what you mean!
PBR

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he means the tendency to track with road ruts and the like. I don't think the SRT has as much tendency for tracking like that, but with the wide tires it still does to some degree. I have noticed under maximum braking a squirrely tendency. Difficult to keep the car absolutely straight with the brakes in ABS mode. But while it does it the level of braking is nothing short of fantastic.

OP
OP
R

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mendocino, on the lovely North coast of California
Yes, Ron is right, that is what I meant. The silver car was off and following every road imperfection while the 04 car was much freer of this tendency.
wow it looks like most of the new cars are in Michigan!! thanks for the responses, how about some pics guys?

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
riverflyer, i know of a new 04 in minnesota (red tho) let me know if intrested.