SRT 10- pedals

ssviperfl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pedals on my low mile '05 are discolored and look like they are from an old clunker. My car was so perfect however that I still took it. Every Viper I see photos of have the same discolored, ratty looking pedals, usually the brake, clutch and gas are worn differently. Since I did not get my car brand new, are the pedals pristine when new, or are they somewhat discolored from the start? I'm thinking of making a warranty claim.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this is a fairly common phenomenon on 2003-2006 Vipers. On my 2006, the dead pedal and the clutch stayed shiny but the throttle and brake did become more oxidized in apperance over time. I believe there hjas been an extensive thread on this so I would try the search feature to see if anyone has tried a warranty claim. I sort of doubt that a claim would fly given that the pedals do not appear to be a safety issue, but rather a matter of appearance.

/Rich

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't like the looks, and every one you see look the same, go to the aftermarket. A dealer isn't going to replace them under waranttee

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My experience is what rcl4668 and redtanrt10 said: I told my dealer about the pedal problem (I have 15500+ miles) about a year ago. He logged the problem but never got back to me about it although he has responded well with other problems. The discolored peadals no longer bother me. We are adaptable creatures.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Wizard,

When you replaced them, do you know of any coming back again with the same problem - pedals corroding again?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Masterofzen