SRT-10 TOP SPEED 176 MPH???

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DEVILDOG:
SRT-10's top speed is 176 mph
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

THIS is going to freak some people out.
crying.gif

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MES:
Maybe they meant the SRT/10 Ram Truck
confused.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I certainly hope that's what they meant! 176 for the SRT-10 is <u>very</u> disappointing!
confused.gif
confused.gif

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Just read in my latest Autoweek dated 4/8/02 page 20 that the SRT-10's top speed is 176 mph and it will cost " less than $100K ". Seems at bit low for top speed and a bit high on purchase price. Is Autoweek's information accurate?
confused.gif

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Just to clarify the article was not referring to the SRT-10 Ram truck. The article pictures a red 2003 Viper SRT-10 and also refers to the 2003 Viper. That is why I asked if their top speed and price references were accurate. Could it be that the rag top or the run flat tires will limit top speed capability? Just curious...inquiring minds want to know!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Tony!!! Probably had some old fart that needed bifocals editing the script. Ya know a sloppy 9 could look like a 7, so it is obvious that 196mph was what it was supposed to read.

Sincerely,
Old Fart who needs bifocals

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't see a convertible hitting near 200 and the top still staying on. Call me pesimystic....

Gerald

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
After visiting the SRT at the NY autoshow (up close and personal, as it was NOT on a turntable), the top is VERY TIGHTLY locked onto the windshield header AND the top portion of it, seems to be a hard composite, covered in canvas.

I can't imagine that it will EVER blow/lift off!

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Good observation, Joe.

When the door is opened and the top and windows are up, the window automatically drops down one inch. When the door is closed,the window goes back up into the slot on the roof for the tight fit you saw.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32