SRT-10 v.s. E55 AMG

Ghetto2315

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been discussing this topic with a few friends and they believe that the E55 will pull away.

Any thoughts?

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A guy at work has one and he says it is gnasty.

On of my good friends customers has one and says it will blow the doors off his anniv. diablo. I think it would be a good race. The E55 may have an edge because of its perfect automatic tranny.

gowings

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dad's friend has a E55 AMG and it definitely has a ZING factor with the supercharger, but come on..... look at vipers torque figures.... viper will be it by 2 car lengths when it is all said and done. Two different cars.... Benz couldn't take it at the track... to much body :)

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Benz has better aero...I remember a test where the Benz got a higher top speed on the same track as the SRT ran on....Both ran out of track but the E55 acceleration was a good bit higher than the SRT10's of course this was done with one of the Benz governers defeated....Top end Id give the Benz the edge. Forced induction plus it aint no slouch on torque..It has more Torque than the SRT10...

riwracer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The answer!
I own both an 03 black E55 and an 03 black SRT..both cars have less than 3,000 miles and no mods. I have raced both cars on the same day at the Desoto Drags in Florida. The E55 ran 12.3 and the Viper ran 11.9.
However, from 0 to about 30, the E55 can be slightly ahead. :cool:
riw

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There you have it. The Viper can be even faster with quick shifting. The take off is a bit easier to control on the Benz.

I will say the Benz is very impressive, to run what it does. I understand it's a very heavy car.

Skip White

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4200 lbs, typically 400-420 RWHP, and a fast 5-speed auto. Racing from a roll the Viper will walk the Benz until *very* high speeds. Launching the Benz is much easier. As riwracer indicates, despite more weight and less HP the Benz is surprisingly close to the SRT.

djemcee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course the srt-10 wins hands down in the looks and oohh's and aaahh's department

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't believe this was even a serious post. All you had to do was look at the times. But I guess part of the fun of the forum is to stir the ***. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte