SRT/"Carbon" questions...does it have rollbar,etc?

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SRT/\"Carbon\" questions...does it have rollbar,etc?

Hello;

I am stoked about this "Carbon" SRT-10! The Graphite/Silver color combo is funky.. maybe PVO just wanted to "show" the Carbon fiber? I doubt PVO would expect to sell the "Carbon" with that actual look. As several here have said, 'Carbon fiber paints well, and you can even see the weave'.

Anyway, question #1. I want to know if the Carbon Fiber Hard Top is REMOVABLE?

#2. Is there a ROLL-BAR installed?

#3. If the Hard-Top is removable, does the Roll-Bar remain? OR, is the Hard-top actually designed as "track approved" protection- but without a Roll-Bar?

It would be fantastic if PVO released this SRT/Carbon! I LIKE having my folding convertable top, but do not really want the Carbon Fibre hard-top; BUT, I DO want a ROLL-BAR factory installed, the INCREASED PERFORMANCE, and the lighter weight benefit of the Carbon Fiber used wherever it is beneficial within a reasonable (but it will be considerably more expensive) price.

I have always wanted D/C/PVO to offer us OPTIONS. It takes about six months or so just to order a new Viper and get it. That seems like plenty of time for the factory to arrange for specific "Factory offered and installed Packages". WHY NOT?

Bring it on PVO! If any of you have answers to my SRT/Carbon Edition questions, please do reply.

Thanks,

Jim Wallace

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: SRT/

I saw the car at Sema
1. The convertible top of the car had been removed. The carbon fiber top appeared to be removeable.
2. NO rollbar noted.
3. NO idea

Frankly the car was a concept car and if Dodge was going to option the top they would have a set of attachments between the convertible top and trunk to mount the back of the carbon fiber top. I think there are alot of signals that the street SRT viper coupe will be out as a 2006 model.

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I saw the car at Sema as well. I did not care for the look, but I'm not a fan of silver or graphite for the Viper.

The top looked to be removable, also saw no roll bar?

I like the possibilities of more power, and love the possibility of a street
coupe with 600hp. DC will need to do this in order to keep up with GM and Ford!
The Vette is rumored to be heading for 550-600hp and 2800 pounds!The GT is rumored to be headed for a 600hp plus V-10! And the SRT rumors are of a 600hp
coupe! (Although still being denied at every possibility :( )
All in All the Horse Power War is well underway, and there will be options to choose from very soon - DC needs to keep up, or concede the supercar market?

Regards,

2Charmed

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had a deposit on a SL55, supposed to be delivered in 6 months. Then I heard of the SL65 coming out in 18 months, with over 610 HP. Naturally I took my deposit and put it on one of those babies.

In my most humble opinion, I think DC will minimally put this amount of HP in the Viper. Just look at what DC offers now: Viper 500, SL55 493. I seriously doubt that DC would have their luxo ******* car putting out more that their prized "Wiper".

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i don't know about the Carbon SRT, but the factory SRT does not have a rollbar and i've allready been tossed out of the track for not having one. You can buy an aftermarket rollbar through Autoform but they are very expensive.

Max