SRT Driving Experience in Dallas (Pics & Vids)

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First let me say, that I couldn't believe how capable these Vipers are on a track, until after my hot lap with the instructor. I am a pretty aggressive driver on the street and a few of the tracks I have visited but have never experienced driving like that before. Those guys know how to drive, and know the limits of the Viper. WOW!:2tu:

Like several have said, SRT did a great job with the whole event. Everyone was professional, I enjoyed the food (and desert bar) and the entire day ran pretty much without a snag.

If you are expecting every car to drive like a Viper, you will be disappointed. But,if you step into a 300C, Charger, Magnum or a Jeep GC, and acknowledge that they are large family haulers, then realize that Dodge has created a vehicle for everyone that has to have something practical, but still perform well, you will be impressed. Best of all, as a 2008 owner, it was free for me to attend.

It's nice to know that Dodge recognizes that SRT owners are just a little different than everyone else, and created events like this and VOI to make us happy. Like I wrote in my survey today, my car was an emotional purchase, not a practical one. This event has reinforced that I made the right decision.

Jason

Pictures as promised:

Texas Motor Speedway:
You must be registered for see images attach

Sprinter Vans used for transport:

Venom Red Coupe used in the Advanced Driving Course:

Blue/White Vert in the ADC with Mopar coil-overs:

Cars getting ready for drag race:

Fajita Lunch:

Some stock cars doing practice laps:

Staging for the performance course:

Drag racer Stephanie Reeves was our leader, and this photo is some of the Austin VCA club with me representing the N. Tx VCA. Ryan Fox, Stephanie Reeves, Doreen and Mark Grisli, and me:

Me accepting my 2nd place finish in the autocross (which was better than the instructors for that weekend :D

The times for that autocross (I'm Jason J. with the 28.16)

OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper's and Jeep GC SRT-8 taking off for the hot-laps with the instructors. Warning, don't try to race one of these off the line unless you can launch very well:

Viper's in the hot-laps with us in the passenger seat. I have never felt like that alive in a car before. AMAZING!

Stock Cars practicing:

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great post and pics/vids; sure had a good time. The SRT driving experience is something that is certainly worth a close look for those that haven't done it - the price is right too. The SRT cars didn't fail to impress as we moved through the driving modules and it was fun to get some wheel time in all but the Challenger and that's coming soon we were told. The day ended on a high note with Viper hot laps... these were real deal and piloted by some *very* fast and talented drivers. Thanks again SRT team and program folks.:2tu:

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow looks like an amazing time. You sure picked up some good times, especially on that last lap. Didnt take you long to get a feel for the coarse. I absolutely love that Venom red Coupe w/ Black stripes. Thanks for sharing the experience, pictures and videos.

OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow looks like an amazing time. You sure picked up some good times, especially on that last lap. Didnt take you long to get a feel for the coarse.

My 2nd lap was actually a 29 sec lap, but I hit 3 cones. The visibiilty of the Caliber wasn't as much as I would have liked. In the group competition in the GC SRT-8, my steering wheel didn't return to center, so I actually went straight through a switchback and cost our team that win :(

Glad to see everyone survived the grub at Love and War Saturday night.

Looks like a good time was had by everyone!

Dave, thanks again for coming out. I always have a good time with you guys!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the description, the pictures and your times Jason were outstanding! (LOVE the 'name' of your team!!! Twould certainly describe you'all if DAVE6666 were with you...:D) I can see where the Calibre would have a bit of visibility difficulty, but an awesome car just the same. Looks like it was an AWESOME time~!! :2tu: ~juli

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was great - and the event was even better as we had 7 VCA folks there to experience it with! I enjoyed seeing how the SRT siblings perform - and yes - the hot laps were outrageous and the drivers quite talented! What a car! I think all in attendance understand why we always have a big grin on our faces. :D

Synching up with the local Dallas VCA members the night before was an added bonus! Cannot wait to see all again at the local Viper Days, Viper Days Finals and next years Viper Round-up. Be there or miss out. No excuses! ;)

Drive on.
:2tu:

PS: I loved the look of the GTS Blue coupe with black stripes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper