SRT Viper vs Viper GTS and verts

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, I heard nothing about a vert at the NYC unveil, will there be 4-6 versions of this car??:
SRT Viper vert
SRT Viper coupe
SRT Viper ACR
SRT Viper GTS vert
SRT Viper GTS coupe
SRT Viper GTS ACR

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT is a small division of Chrysler, and they can only do so much at one time.

They have released 3 Versions initially, and will be doing development on additional releases depending on the successes of these first 3.

They will most likely have interest building for a Vert, and release it in a couple years. Then follow up with a track oriented ACR and then start the whole cycle over again.

Each release will incorporate the latest developments with newer software, electronics, throttle controls, additional HP and torque, newer tires, fresher wheel choices, transmission options, and of course special editions along the way.

These portend to be exciting days for the ViperNation, as SRT ramps up to full speed and production.

Along the way SRT will gain experience and insite as to what will please it's customers. They seem very open to fresh ideas, and almost are offering a bespoke number of choices to the marketplace.

Previous generation saw the development of the Vert, Coupe, ACR, ACR-X, CompCoupe, Prefix, and several Mamba, VOI, First/Final and other special editions.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope they dont go crazy with the "special editions". Ralph said there will be pictures of the cars with stripes released in a few weeks.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really can't imagine that they will go a couple of years further without a vert. With two years of down production, and given the car's roots as a vert (of sorts), going a couple of more years would mean 4+ without a vert seems unlikely. I think he had mentioned back at Utah about a vert early in 2013, though obviously that was a while back, I could have misheard, and things could have changed.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be REALLY nice to have a Vert with a retractable hardtop, something similar to the one on the new Mazda Miata, simple and effective without taking up trunk space.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten