srt10 and rt10 pics side by side

ChoiceViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's one I clicked off a while ago. The black version.

288half.JPG

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NICE!!

Man, It sure is tough to decide which I like best. Two fantastic looking cars.

Jeff

OP
OP
R

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mendocino, on the lovely North coast of California
I love the clamshell and the sports bar but would I miss them if I decide on the srt10? Don't think so. They are both really unique, and to my eye, beautiful designs AND wonderful cars. thanks all for the pics
chioceviper- thats the comparison closest to my heart as I just love black cars
I think Ron has the right idea, one of each. Hey Ron, which one do you drive more?

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many of you guys with Gen 1 Vipers have changed your clam shell hood to the more aggressive Gen 2 hood? Just curious...

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 32,000 miles on the RT/10 and less than 3500 on the SRT. This year the SRT won. New car syndrome plus The RT/10 was not driven until July. I was redoing the exhaust and suspension - and with the SRT available I was going about it pretty slowly. Don't know about next year. In great weather it will be hard not to choose the RT/10. Just has more "fun to drive" factor.

Now if Sean ever gets the Gen I supercharger package sorted out the SRT may be the one sitting around during June-August. In inclimate weather the SRT will win hands down. Haven't had the RT/10 roof out in nearly 2 years and do not plan on it (ever again).

2kviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why wouldn't you want to take the top off the r/t? i just got my viper less than a month ago and have never taken it off. too cold in cincinnati. is it that bad to take off? btw, just got a fresh shipment of zaino products.... sweet.... clay bars and all...

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may not have been clear. I have not had the roof off the shelf in the garage in 2 years. I do not carry it in the car unless I am going somewhere where I might get caught. But this year I know I never put it in the trunk. Never took it (the car) out unless the weather was perfect.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some more black side-by-sides, including from above!

You must be registered for see images

I'll take either one, thank you very much. :2tu:

snake dreams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had really mixed emotions when I saw the SRT for the first time, but I've seen two red ones cruising by when I was on my way home from school back in August, and they still make my heart pound like the GTS and RT/10 do. A big departure from the old style, but they're still Vipers and they're still bad ass.

1BADASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still think the gen 1 and 2's have a meaner, more american muscle look to them, while the srt's have more of a s-2000/vette look...but they are starting to grow on me.

the srt does have nice crystal foglights now in comparison to the previous.

later, Dan

Jay H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like both of them, but to me I have always liked the roll bar look of the RT/10 and I think thats the main thing thats missing from the SRT. I did a photoshop rollbar on the Srt that turned out good, Its In my Gallery in the media section if someone would like to post it here as I have forgotten how.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have noticed one thing, and that is that the true essence of a Gen-1/2 cannot be captured in a picture, while a Gen-3 can...it is curious.

Thats not to say that the Gen-3 isnt growing on me... May have to pick one up. NO WAY will it be a replacement to the GTS, just an addition.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have noticed one thing, and that is that the true essence of a Gen-1/2 cannot be captured in a picture, while a Gen-3 can...it is curious.

Interesting you should say that, as I think it is the exact opposite. 99% of the people that see the Gen III in person immediately say, "Wow, it looks a lot different in person than it does in pictures." Even I was put off by the pictures I saw of the SRT when it came out. My plan was to turn mine and buy another GTS. Once it arrived, I was pleasantly surprised. A week of driving it and I was hooked. Mind you, it will NEVER have the audacious exotic looks of the GTS, but it looks 10X better in person than any picture could possibly capture. And I have shot a LOT of them. Even my avatar picture (click the one on the left) is a good shot, but it still doesn't explain the car well. Either way, you can't lose with a Viper! :2tu:

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has any painted the inside headlight bezel black on Gen 1 or 2 to make it look like Gen 3 - ie., that way you can distinctively see the round headlights

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc