SSG Coupe Has Arrived In Traverse City !!!

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the wait is over. My baby has arrived. She will be staying at the dealer till the roads get clean enough to drive it the 6 miles home. They are a bunch of great guys and will watch over her carefully. They have been great in putting up with me. She arrived about 5:00 PM and I got there at 5:30 and was there until 8:00 PM when they closed. I finished the paperwork this morning and it is all mine now. We went by again this evening to get one last look for the evening. I just can't get enough of this color. It is so awesome in person. Maybe I am a fanatic but I don't care. They said that there has been a steady stream of people gawking at the car. Eat your hearts out. I was going to have stripes done right away but after looking at it for a while I am not sure. This color just gives the car such a low profile and clean look, I may wait awhile before striping it. I am going to attempt to put pictures on, hope they turn out.
ssgh3.jpg

OP
OP
GRNBGON

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How the heck do you post pictures? I have them in the gallery. It asks for a URL address. Where is it in the gallery or how do I come up with it?
What am I doing wrong?:dunno:

V

Venomiss

How the heck do you post pictures? I have them in the gallery. It asks for a URL address. Where is it in the gallery or how do I come up with it?
What am I doing wrong?:dunno:

Sent a PM your way-maybe helpful. Great news and looking forward to seeing it!:2tu:

Last edited by a moderator:

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dang that 08 hood looks good from the side...Frank did u ever get the acr catalog?

ssgh11.JPG

ssgh9.JPG

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great looking SSG Viper! Sorry for the bad weather, though. I was like you in that at first I thought stripes were the way to go but the more I look at mine without the stripes and now that I see yours as well, I think it looks best without stripes. Plus you just don't see that many SSGs without stripes.

Enjoy your new baby. I hope you get to bring it home soon. I assume you have the nursery, I mean garage, ready!!:D

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great. Congrats! I, too, can't wait for this weather to break so I can get my car out.

Jeff

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great! I hope the weather breaks soon so that you can take her out for a spin. It must be torture not to be able to drive it.

OP
OP
GRNBGON

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking SSG Viper! Sorry for the bad weather, though. I was like you in that at first I thought stripes were the way to go but the more I look at mine without the stripes and now that I see yours as well, I think it looks best without stripes. Plus you just don't see that many SSGs without stripes.

Enjoy your new baby. I hope you get to bring it home soon. I assume you have the nursery, I mean garage, ready!!:D

Yes, she will be in a heated garage so I can just open the door and look out every 10 minutes. :D

pcc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you do stripe it what will you do, stock set up and what color?

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wouldn't be able to stand letting the car sit at the dealer til the roads were clean. I'd either go get a flatbed trailer and haul it. or just drive it the 6 miles and then clean it really good.

Seems like by letting it sit there, your inviting every salesmen, every spectator and customer to come by and sit in it and put there greasy fingers all over your car!

OP
OP
GRNBGON

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't be able to stand letting the car sit at the dealer til the roads were clean. I'd either go get a flatbed trailer and haul it. or just drive it the 6 miles and then clean it really good.

Seems like by letting it sit there, your inviting every salesmen, every spectator and customer to come by and sit in it and put there greasy fingers all over your car!

I come from a very respectful area. The guys at Bill Marsh Group are as crazy about the car as I am and will keep a good eye on it. It is locked up so no one can get in it. They treat use like family as they do all their customers. This is a small town and word gets around if things are bad so they have to keep it up & up. Besides, I owe them some PR that they will get by the car being there. There is about an inch of salt (well maybe not that much) on the roads and I do not want ANY of it to touch the car. I can wait.

OP
OP
GRNBGON

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you do stripe it what will you do, stock set up and what color?

If I stripe it, I will probably go with a very dark metal flake Graphite and do the wide early stripes or something custom (won't say, don't want someone to do it first). I just always like the wide stripes better and I did not like the blacked out lower valance on the factory striped cars, on the SSG only. It looks great on the darker colors. Just my personal taste, no offense to other SSG owners.
Thanks eveyone!!!

MoViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enjoy. The SSG is my favorite new color, only ours has Black Stripes. I love it as is like yours too. Congrats, and keep in mind that a little push on the gas and you will leave everyone behind.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Frank it looks great. Love those H wheels! Congratulations and we'll look forward to seeing it in person at the MCVO Spring Brunch.:2tu:

OP
OP
GRNBGON

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Bill. I am sure you are enjoying yours a lot more than I am enjoying mine right now.:crazy2: You can just look out the door.
We can share our thoughts on the new car at the spring bruch. Mine should be well broke in by then, I hope.
See you then.