Stainless Side Sill Plates

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looking for Stainless Steel Side Sill plates for my SRT-10.
Who has them?
How much?

Thanks.

mark777

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FYI...

Just recently had them installed. While they look good they basically reverse the effects of wrapping insulation around the side exhaust since they are very good conductors of heat... In other words, OUCH!

My two cents.

Mark

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FYI...

Just recently had them installed. While they look good they basically reverse the effects of wrapping insulation around the side exhaust since they are very good conductors of heat... In other words, OUCH!

My two cents.

Mark

PM Sent.

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FYI, if you buy from http://www.zero-altitude-flight.com/index.html make sure you have them made with the side sill mounting screw holes punched in them so if you need to remove your side sills you will not have to rip off the side sill plate which is glued down with double sided foam.

I bought mine from somewhere else Robbie and it comes with the mounting holes.

Thank you for the help and advice. :2tu: :2tu:

RayC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto on the mounting holes. I had to modify mine myself. I have not noticed any increase in side sill temp with them.

1997 GTS B/W
2004 White mamba
2006 VCA Coupe

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine had the mounting holes and I also did not notice increase in sill temp.

Nice mod.

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FYI...

My two cents.

Mark

Stainless steel is a POOR conductor of heat compared to the factory aluminum side sill. Something else is going on....