Standard Konis are adjustable, I've done it, its good

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Re: Standard Konis are adjustable, I\'ve done it, its good

Joel, just wondering if you did any additional experimentation/adjustments to the 1.25 setting on the Konis for the optimum setting. Anyone else? After 4 years :bonker: (I've been busy) I'm having Eibachs(Thanks JonB!) installed on Wednesday and will set my Konis. Anyone have any additional comments or feedback to update this excellent post originated by Joel? Is it best to set all 4 the same or firmer on the fronts? Anyone with Eibachs come up with a BEST setting? Thanks guys/gals! :D

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't know if my setting is the best.I have eibachs and went 1 and 1/2 turns front.1 and 1/4 turns rear and am completely satisfied. GTS Bruce

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

I don't know if my setting is the best.I have eibachs and went 1 and 1/2 turns front.1 and 1/4 turns rear and am completely satisfied. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce...thanks for the input. :D I was thinking of going a click firmer on the front too. Good to know you're happy with it. I'm going to go with it also...1.5 front & 1.25 rear. Will advise my feedback.

GTS Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For those that set all shocks at the same turn in, you are probably way off as I just had my shocks dynoed. And to give you an example, I had to set one front at 3/4 turn and the other front at just over 1-1/8 turn to have them equal. The adjustments get progressively bigger as you turn in. It wasn't much to have them dynoed ($100 for all 4) and now I know that they are as matched as possible. The shop said had I just set them all equal I would have been way off. (full size picture in the media section)

I posted this in another shock post sometime back
http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=415563&Forum=All_Forums&Words=77&Match=Username&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=395260&Search=true#Post415563

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

For those that set all shocks at the same turn in, you are probably way off as I just had my shocks dynoed. And to give you an example, I had to set one front at 3/4 turn and the other front at just over 1-1/8 turn to have them equal. The adjustments get progressively bigger as you turn in. It wasn't much to have them dynoed ($100 for all 4) and now I know that they are as matched as possible. The shop said had I just set them all equal I would have been way off. (full size picture in the media section)

I posted this in another shock post sometime back
http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=415563&Forum=All_Forums&Words=77&Match=Username&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=395260&Search=true#Post415563

GTS Jeff...thanks for the additional input. Dynoing would be nice, however, I won't have the time during my spring install. I'll just have to hope my Konis are better matched.