STC upload and big improvement

NZGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hay all,
well finally managed to find my OBDII plug ( my GTS is RHD converted and they moved the plug from original position) and so plugged in my SCT with three ROE tunes in it and flashed it up. tried the medium octane tune first.
-noticed it fired up quicker
-slight increase in power.
-svc engine light came on after 2 min driving.
-cooling fan comes on nice and early.
cleared the codes then tried the high octane tune.
-Definate increase in power
-really Crisp responce.
-Svc engine light came on again a little bit longer this time.
-I love it.

it seems to have cured my surging problem that I had sometimes as well. but will get some miles on it before I vouch for that one as well.

I am getting some weird codes PO132/PO138/PO140 which the STC does not know. (if anyone has had these let me know what they are) I am in the process of contacting ROE about this.

Overall I am more than happy with the SCT definably worth it. And now guys are fully tuning with them I am even more pleased, Might have to buy the software to tune myself.

Last edited:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hay all,
well finally managed to find my OBDII plug ( my GTS is RHD converted and they moved the plug from original position) and so plugged in my STC with three ROE tunes in it and flashed it up. tried the medium octane tune first.
-noticed it fired up quicker
-slight increase in power.
-svc engine light came on after 2 min driving.
-cooling fan comes on nice and early.
cleared the codes then tried the high octane tune.
-Definate increase in power
-really Crisp responce.
-Svc engine light came on again a little bit longer this time.
-I love it.

it seems to have cured my surging problem that I had sometimes as well. but will get some miles on it before I vouch for that one as well.

I am getting some weird codes PO132/PO138/PO140 which the STC does not know. (if anyone has had these let me know what they are) I am in the process of contacting ROE about this.

Overall I am more than happy with the STC definably worth it. And now guys are fully tuning with them I am even more pleased, Might have to buy the software to tune myself.

If you get the software, you might want to get the SCT not the STC..;)

I agree with you. My SCT controller helped quite a bit. money well spent.

OP
OP
N

NZGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
woops yes SCT!!!!! ******, and cheers for the codes after doing the post I googled it and came up with those as well.

tried all three tunes and now only getting a PO140 code. I have a feeling I could have just coincidentaly lost a O2 sensor at the same time I reflashed the computer. As when I go back to stock I am still getting that code.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
woops yes SCT!!!!! ******, and cheers for the codes after doing the post I googled it and came up with those as well.

tried all three tunes and now only getting a PO140 code. I have a feeling I could have just coincidentaly lost a O2 sensor at the same time I reflashed the computer. As when I go back to stock I am still getting that code.

There is a a counter that looks at the times the O2 sensor goes thru zero. If the PCM (and SCT) idoes not see that number it sets a a code. That counter resides in one of the miscellaneous scalar folders. If it is set too high you will set a code. One of the issues I had with SCT was that some of the presets made no sense or were set incorrectly. I think the odds are in favor of a incorrect value are better than the O2 failing at that precise moment.

I could never understand why they had incorrect base values after selling so many of these to the viper community. That is why it took me a while to get up and running, I went thru every folder verifying the parameters. Once those incorrect values were straightened out the program has been nothing but excellent.

OP
OP
N

NZGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well after getting Sean onto the case things went fast,after giving him my PCM serial he discovered that it had an Export programme for the stock PCM and him tuning to the standard USA programme made it throw codes.
Any way all sorted no codes and love the tune. Awesome. :2tu:
Another success story for ROE Racing

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte