stereo headunit harness/adapter?

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can tell you I recently finished my headunit installation and I loked all over and found no harness. I took out my amp and ran new wires to all my speakers. It took about 2 good hours and I resoldered the wires direct (I didn't cut them off at the easy adapter things). Message me if you need further assistance. You might want to change your amp as well. I had to cut a few wires on the existing harness and tap off of them to the new head unit wires. (Ground, Power, ACC etc.)

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you look on your service manual there are schematics showing the colors of the stock speaker wires. You can tap into them at the amp location without having to run new wires to each and every speaker. At least on my '97 that's what I did.

WICKDXS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I e-mailed Sonicelectronix asking if that was the part to fit on a Viper this is the response I received from their support:

Scosche CR01B is the one that you need for your Viper.

Sincerely,

Carla V.
Service Representative

I plan on ordering one & will let you know if it was correct.
Rick

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
heres what you guys are over looking. although the "not having to cut and splice" method is sounding like the best method, it is not. it is the easiest however. the best thing to do would be to replace all the wires running to the speakers and replace the factory amp because the stock wires are like 20 gauge dental floss garbage. why spend hundreds or thousands on stereo equiptment to run good clean power through floss like wires. you need fatter speaker wires and the amp is not a good piece either. you will realize this after it is replaced with one. pm me if you want solid advice on this. i have done my car and none i have heard sound better yet. in my opinion.