Stereo Install Pictures

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got my stereo install finished.

I'm particularly happy with the mounting of the Smartire tire pressure/temperature gauge. It sits flush with the dash and looks very factory. The sub is in a custom enclosure in the center. Amp is under the passenger seat. There is a switch in the trunk to turn the AMB transponder on and off.

ALPINE CDA-9857 head unit with iPod connection;
ZAPCO Competition Series C2K 4.0x 4 channel, 600 watt amplifier;
MB Quart Q-Line Q 16 Signature 6.5 inch component speakers;
Focal, Utopia Be 21 WX 8 inch subwoofer. (custom fabricated enclosure)
Uniden BCT-15 police/radio scanner
Valentine 1 Radar/laser detector
AMB TranX260 Direct Powered Transponder
Smartire tire pressure/temperature monitor

Some pictures (from my member gallery) of the electronics/stereo install (and some photos of my car in Denver)

tirem.jpg

head1.jpg

center1.JPG

trunk.jpg

column.JPG

saloon.JPG

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kai, does the new tire monitor use signals from the factory sensors, or did you disable the stock system, or do you have both now??

OP
OP
Kai SRT10

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kai, does the new tire monitor use signals from the factory sensors, or did you disable the stock system, or do you have both now??

The Smartire monitor does not use the factory signal. I replaced the factory transmitters in my tires with Smartire transmitters.

I don't know of any way to disable the stock system, so I have a constant "low tire" light on my dash when I drive.

The biggest problem I had with the stock system was that it couldn't handle all of my different sets of wheels and tires. The Smartire system can hanlde lots of wheel sets (I think 10 or so.)

The stock system will alert you when your pressure is low, but it won't tell you what your tire pressure is, or which tire. The Smartire system will let you know the pressure of all of your tires, and if one is low, it lets you know which one and how low. You can also program it so that the low pressure warning comes on at whatever tire pressure you choose (handy for drag radials, which you run at the strip at 15psi and on the street at 32psi.)

Also, the Smartire will tell you what your tire temperatures are. This is nice to know for things like open road racing, where you are traveling at very high speeds for long periods of time. If my tires are overheating, it's good to know about it.

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Kia, nice job. I like where the ST system was mounted. That is a curvie part of the dash, how did they blend it with the boxy ST unit. I have the same unit but had it installed on the other side of the steering wheel, on a bracket right where the seem of the dash is.
I think that is the same Zappco amp I am running. I had it installed in the trunk on the back wall ( which just separated from it mounting yesterday while onthe track. My unit gets real hot, event to the point of shutting down in the suummer when run hard. I think your passenger will be sitting in the hot seat.
Where ther any alterations to the seat?
Also tell us more about the sub enclosure. did they add to the existing panel or is it a whole new panel?
Dave

OP
OP
Kai SRT10

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sub enclosure and the ST mount were both done as fiberglass fabrications to the existing panels (stock dash panel and Autoform center console panel.) The installer removed the panels, cut them, and then used fiberglass to re-mold them to the new shapes (along with an enclosure for the sub.) He worked my fire supression nozzle and activator into the center console as well.
The ST unit was actually disassembled. He took the electronic "guts" out of it the ST box, and kept only the front face and buttons. He fabricated a shallow mount for it behind the dash panel.
There were no alterations to the seat, but he did tap some mounting holes into the floorpan to secure the amp (and then sealed them.) There's some space between the amp and the bottom of the passenger seat, so hopefully heat won't be a problem.

Kia, nice job. I like where the ST system was mounted. That is a curvie part of the dash, how did they blend it with the boxy ST unit. I have the same unit but had it installed on the other side of the steering wheel, on a bracket right where the seem of the dash is.
I think that is the same Zappco amp I am running. I had it installed in the trunk on the back wall ( which just separated from it mounting yesterday while onthe track. My unit gets real hot, event to the point of shutting down in the suummer when run hard. I think your passenger will be sitting in the hot seat.
Where ther any alterations to the seat?
Also tell us more about the sub enclosure. did they add to the existing panel or is it a whole new panel?
Dave

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine