Stereo upgrade in GTS (pics)

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welllll, have had the GTS less than 2 mos and I decided the stock stereo had to go. Went with a Panasonic MP3/xm radio with Kicker subwoofer and Thunder 4 channel amp. I originally put the stereo in from behind the dash, but it didn't fit well, so reshaped the dash trim a bit so I could put the stereo in from the front. System sounds UNbelievable!

9456viperradio1-med.JPG

9456viperinterior-med.JPG

9456vipersubamp-med.JPG

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper has a stereo? I thought that was just a fancy clock. I never use mine unless my son (he's 5 years old) is in the car, so I'm sure it's still set on Radio Disney. I got my Viper with the short shifter, so the stock one looks really weird to me. If you miss an occasional shift, I highly recommend the shorter one. Your system looks great, I hope you enjoy it better than the stock system. Do you drive it much?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Nice fit Leslie, I never would have noticed the surround was trimmed. Neat job!

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leslie you need a Momo short throw shifter. Very **** they look great. Nice job with the stereo system.

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice job. Now you need to put some MGW goodies to go with that with stereo :2tu:

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good...I don't understand how a lot of people don't listen to music while they drive! I woudln't be able to handle that! (unless I was on my cell phone)

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt I thump big-time while in the Viper that way I don't have to talk to every Tom,Dick or Harry at traffic lights about the Viper! It's funny then they try to motion to me to turn the music down so they can talk lol.

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MGW goodies huh? just checked out the site, I am all over that one!

any other suggestions?

this could be addicting

mongolwarrior

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Leslie!
I have Panasonic CQ-8400 and you're right, it sounds
incredible. It has aux outputs you can have for your Ipod snaked through the shifter box.
BTW, the equalizer settings resets each time you disconnect the battery.
OW congrats for DIY!

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey Mongolwarrior-yeh I think this model has the output for an ipod too, awsome . thanks for letting me know about the equalizer