Stereo wiring from cabin to trunk?

rext

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What's the best way to get it done? Getting everything together so I can get started replacing it all. I think I want to just put the amp etc in the truck for easy access. I will need to run RCA cables,speaker wires,camera cable,and whatever else to the trunk.i believe a couple small holes for power connections with grommets will suffice on that front.
So,for those stereo veterans out there, what is it?
Car is a convertible.
Thanks

BTW- I did search for at least an hour looking for my answer.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can either pull the bellypan off and follow the battery cables, which is probably the right way. Or drill a hole in the trunk, pull the rear fender liner, and fish everything up around the frame and back up through one of the holes in the body that you can only see with the trunk open. Then run them into the car from there.

viper450

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an 03 and drilled a small hole in the trunk (upper right side) and then the wires easily came into the area behind the roll bars and behind the carpet to passenger seat. If interested I have Alpine Amps mounted on a custom mount designed for 03-10 for sale. one is for the sub and the other for the rest, very clean look. let me know if you want pictures.

OP
OP
R

rext

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can either pull the bellypan off and follow the battery cables, which is probably the right way. Or drill a hole in the trunk, pull the rear fender liner, and fish everything up around the frame and back up through one of the holes in the body that you can only see with the trunk open. Then run them into the car from there.

This is what I ended up doing. You can't follow the cables with what needs to go front to back and miss the suspension/rear end mounts etc. what I did was pull the inner fender off and run everything there. I first found a suitable route on the driver side. I went from the corner that is flat in the trunk,plenty of room there under the inner fender. Then just off center of the driver seat below the seat belt tensioner I drilled another hole. I ran a 1" Aquatite conduit with ells on each end. This fit pretty well under the inner fender. It's protected and seals nicely. This was enough room to pull everything I needed through for a complete trunk mounted amp install. Word of caution pull everything at once. I don't think I can get another thing through it if needed. Doing over, I might think about two 3/4" conduits instead of one 1"? It's a 1-3/8 hole that has to be drilled on each end. I think this is the better way to do it especially if you remove the rear bulkhead to get to the rear speakers