Stickies tires that fit on stock 06 rear wheels?

SD SRT Coupe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any ideas on what would be the stickiest tires that are made to fit on the stock 19 inch wheels?

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well theres plenty of choices out there!
there's michelins, and theres uh, ummm,
well theres michelins, uh, duh, and well thats about it.
so what do ya think?
ROTFLMAO!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Those are some wide tires Kai. Should be fun on the track. Unfortunately, not streetable.

What sizes would you run on your car at the track?

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are some wide tires Kai. Should be fun on the track. Unfortunately, not streetable.

What sizes would you run on your car at the track?

Did he say he was running them on the street? I saw the sticky tire question, and just assumed he was looking for track tires.

My car has 18 inch wheels front and back.

I'm getting a new set of track tires: Kumho V710s 345 rears, 305 fronts.

OP
OP
S

SD SRT Coupe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why aren't they streetable? My Viper is driven very little, and very rarely driven hard (mostly just quick squirts of the big 10). I would be happy with the tires if they hook well and give me 1000 miles. I don't even care if they are slicks (the car never sees rain). Will they work?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why aren't they streetable? My Viper is driven very little, and very rarely driven hard (mostly just quick squirts of the big 10). I would be happy with the tires if they hook well and give me 1000 miles. I don't even care if they are slicks (the car never sees rain). Will they work?

Yep.. but work is a relative word. They wont work in the rain (dont even think about it) and they wont work all that well until you heat them up, which definitely will be hard to do.

But otherwise, yeah, they should work great.. lol.. :D

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given 345-30-19 drag radials aren't available, I wonder how the R6 or A6 would work in an occasion 1/4 run when properally heated. Which compound would be best?

Thanks

OP
OP
S

SD SRT Coupe

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yep.. but work is a relative word. They wont work in the rain (dont even think about it) and they wont work all that well until you heat them up, which definitely will be hard to do.

But otherwise, yeah, they should work great.. lol.. :D

Well I would assume that even cold they would hook better than run-craps. And I also am guessing that with a little burnout they wouldn't be all that bad for drag racing. Back before there were all of these drag radials around (when I was racing mustangs) we used to run BFG road racing tires, and they hooked up a lot better than street tires.