Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
J

Jayturbo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know...but I think a stock 08+ Viper should be deep in the low 11's BONE stock...with the PS2's - once he gets used to it, that is.

I was questioning his time on the Z06, as with stickies and with 100rwhp more than mine, that should be in the 10ths without any problem. I only have 492.6rwhp...and I am a couple of tenths from the tenths...and my biggest obstacle is traction as the GY runflats are rocks.

My Z06 should do 10.0 at around 135MPH. I just wasn't good enough because I only had 3 runs with this new Z06 setup. I had to leave early so only ran 3 times and had to go hom. 11.3 was obtained with ALL SPIN in the first gear and HALF spin throughout the second gear. :nono: Also, my front tires were bad (unbalanced) and was shaking badly at anything over 80MPH so had to change the tires and do the high-speed balancing and now it does not shake at all so this would also make some difference.

On June 27th Sat(Monthly Drag Event at Fontana, CA), I will go again with my Z06 and this time, I will stay until 5PM when they close for the day and I will make sure I drop down close to 10.0!:drive:

OP
OP
J

Jayturbo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know...but I think a stock 08+ Viper should be deep in the low 11's BONE stock...with the PS2's - once he gets used to it, that is.

I was questioning his time on the Z06, as with stickies and with 100rwhp more than mine, that should be in the 10ths without any problem. I only have 492.6rwhp...and I am a couple of tenths from the tenths...and my biggest obstacle is traction as the GY runflats are rocks.

Oh, and yes, my 08 Viper will do about 11.3 in the stock form if I practice a little bit more. ;-)

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, and yes, my 08 Viper will do about 11.3 in the stock form if I practice a little bit more. ;-)

Easy does it. I bet you will see low/mid 10's on the Z pretty soon and low 11's on the viper. Congrats. By your sig, looks like you have quite the arsenal. Awesome!!

OP
OP
J

Jayturbo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Easy does it. I bet you will see low/mid 10's on the Z pretty soon and low 11's on the viper. Congrats. By your sig, looks like you have quite the arsenal. Awesome!!

Thanks! By the way, Signature in this Viper forum cannot be more than THREE lines? That's why I had to put two cars in ONE line twice... :mad:

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't you dare compare BMW trash to a Viper on this forum or I will personally ***** slap you back into one of those *** cars where you belong. My family has owned many BMW's and I consider them to be overpriced, overhyped garbage. Did you ever wrench one of those bombs? Vipers don't advocate the superficiality of wood steering trim and other such dipsh1t trickery. It doesn't mean that they are junk.

Running an 11.8 in an '08 Viper is nothing to be proud of. You left at least a half second on the table and that's just for an average driver. An above average driver would be tinkering ever so close to the 10 second mark and a "*** Wee" Furman level driver would dunk it handsomely into the high 10's.

Now, get back out there and when you come back, be proper.

x2. Wouldn't be caught dead in a M6 till I was at least 75:nono:

OP
OP
J

Jayturbo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
x2. Wouldn't be caught dead in a M6 till I was at least 75:nono:

Up to about 150MPH, Viper 8.3 would be quicker. But after 150MPH, M6 takes over and walks away. By 200MPH, M6 would be about 3~4 cars ahead. We tried this before several times.:drive:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Up to about 150MPH, Viper 8.3 would be quicker. But after 150MPH, M6 takes over and walks away. By 200MPH, M6 would be about 3~4 cars ahead. We tried this before several times.:drive:
This is the first time ihave ever heard an M6 is faster than a Gen 4 Viper 150-200MPH as i did not even think an M6 could run 200.How did you measure this.

OP
OP
J

Jayturbo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is the first time ihave ever heard an M6 is faster than a Gen 4 Viper 150-200MPH as i did not even think an M6 could run 200.How did you measure this.

Oh, no~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You read my writing wrong. I put Viper 8.3, which is Gen 3!!!! I have a Gen 4 Viper and it's a LOT faster than 8.3 Viper. Viper 8.4 would be faster than any other cars you see on the road including the Z06, F430 and Gallardo SE.

M5 and M6 would be nowhere close to a Gen 4 Viper.

P.S. The M6 I had had the speed limiter delimited. ;-)

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, no~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You read my writing wrong. I put Viper 8.3, which is Gen 3!!!! I have a Gen 4 Viper and it's a LOT faster than 8.3 Viper. Viper 8.4 would be faster than any other cars you see on the road including the Z06, F430 and Gallardo SE.

Sorry,as i did misread.I had the Gen 3 and Gen 4 also and agree 100% the Gen 4 is so much faster.

OP
OP
J

Jayturbo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gen 3 Viper is so much slower than my Z06 even when it was bone stock. Gen 4 Viper is quite faster than stock Z06 but quite slower than my Z06 after tuning was done to 588WHP.:cool:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Furman has put both a Z06 and Gen 4 both bone stock on stock tires in the 10s .As far as Gen 2s his best time has been an 11.5 .Once again thats bone stock on stock tires NO filters catbacks nothing.A great driver on a fast track can routinely but a Gen 4 or Zo6 into the low 11s pretty easily .

OP
OP
J

Jayturbo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Same story here. 11.8 is nothing to be proud of in an '08 Viper. Check my sig - stock motor, stock cats, stock resonators, (old) stock tires.

No reason to condescend anyone here. Are you guys actually considering many factors? Every drag strip is different. The drag strip here in Fontana is very very bad. (1) It's not a drag strip. It's a parking lot converted to such. (2) The starting point is not set up for launches. For slow cars, it might not affect as much but for cars doing 10s and 11s, it's very very bad. Those of who ever had any experience here would know. (3)There is always a head-wind. (4)It's highly elevated and (5) It's always very hot.

I don't understand people attacking each other or telling others who's better or who's worse. Let me tell you guys THIS. Dyno Results are completely irrelevant because depending on the condition of the dyno that day; elevation, heat and moisture; every dynos react SO differently and how you set up your dyno at the time of dynoing has a lot to do. The same car can be dynoed at 650WHP at one location and one dyno and that same car can do 530WHP at another location and another brand machine. "AND" I'm even considering smoothing and "correction" here.

Same with drag strips. The exact SAME car can do 10.5@135 at one strip when that same car can do 11.8@129. You can't simply "SAY" who's the better driver or faster car. If you want to say something, then the same car and TWO drivers should run the strip on the SAME day and SAME location. Same when comparing TWO cars. If you want to compare TWO cars, it's gotta be at the SAME location, SAME day and SAME time. Otherwise, DO NOT say ANYTHING about ANYTHING. That's the fact. You think you can do better than me with my SAME exact car? Then come here and I will lend my car to you for the drag strip.

I will tell you this much. At our dragstrip here, Z06s (stock) do about 12.4~12.6@122. Vipers (Gen 3) do about 12.6~12.8@116~118. I see so many people with Z06s and Vipers here complaining they can't do anything better and I'm very sorry to see them do so badly. They just can't do much better than that. But I hear my friends at Texas and Florida that are doing so much better. The ONLY explanation is the location. I repeat, it's NOT the drivers!!! Gen 4 Viper doing 11.89@128 might not be good at some strips, but at OUR location, it is the record. I even got so much applause from the crowd right after I finished the line. It simply does not make any sense so many FL, TX drivers are doing so well when CA drivers at Fontana are not doing anything close to it.

My point is VERY simple. Every trips are VERY different. It's so different that direct comparison should be AVOIDED. Unless you ran the same car at the same location and same time as someone did, don't say anything. By the way, anyone who wishes to challenge me, I am up. I will even offer my car to run. I want to just as ONE thing.... Do NOT say anything without any factual proof.

Thank you!

OP
OP
J

Jayturbo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Furman has put both a Z06 and Gen 4 both bone stock on stock tires in the 10s .As far as Gen 2s his best time has been an 11.5 .Once again thats bone stock on stock tires NO filters catbacks nothing.A great driver on a fast track can routinely but a Gen 4 or Zo6 into the low 11s pretty easily .

Same goes for you... Please read below...

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't help but agree with Jay. It's all different and never the same. Dynos all seem to differ. Tracks the same. I run my 04 at Infineion Raceway in Sonoma Calif. My best time was 11.88. That was a mopar day and in the morning. The air was cooler. There is so much to take into account. Another run later I could not keep traction even in 2nd gear. I had to get out of the throttle go get straight. There is a level of skill also involved as well. I am happy to get to the end with all the parts still in place. Bracket racing with a six speed takes practice. It's not all about HP.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys on any sea level track in the country Furman CAN EASILY puts a Gen 4 into the low 11s without any mods .If you go on Drag Times he along with Evan Smith holds just about every stock American production car record there is.(Z06 Corvette GEN 2 VIPER GEN 4 VIPER)Once again if a stock Gen 4 is trapping at the track your running at in the 128 Mph range that shows the air is there to make power.That trap speed to Furman or Smith is an easy low 11 second run.

OP
OP
J

Jayturbo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys on any sea level track in the country Furman CAN EASILY puts a Gen 4 into the low 11s without any mods .If you go on Drag Times he along with Evan Smith holds just about every stock American production car record there is.(Z06 Corvette GEN 2 VIPER GEN 4 VIPER)Once again if a stock Gen 4 is trapping at the track your running at in the 128 Mph range that shows the air is there to make power.That trap speed to Furman or Smith is an easy low 11 second run.

Well... Again... Nothing to argue... The track I ran 11.89 is 1110 ft above sea level; it's got the head-wind plus the most importantly, the starting point (where the asphalt should be VERY well opted for good traction) is worst ever. Nobody can get a real good traction. You come race here once and you will understand... really...;)

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well... Again... Nothing to argue... The track I ran 11.89 is 1110 ft above sea level; it's got the head-wind plus the most importantly, the starting point (where the asphalt should be VERY well opted for good traction) is worst ever. Nobody can get a real good traction. You come race here once and you will understand... really...;)
What mile per hour are the 08s turning on that track.IF its over 127plus powers there.Jamie along with a guy named Evan Smith (head test driver and Editor Muscle Mustang and Fast Ford) are two of the BEST DRIVERS in the country on stock tires.On any given Viper event we ever had (50-75 cars )they usually average .5 seconds quicker than the rest of the field.If you do a search on their stock producttion car records you will see what i have been saying for instance (11.5 in a bone stock GEN 2 ECT 10.8 IN A BONE STOCK Z 06)

OP
OP
J

Jayturbo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What mile per hour are the 08s turning on that track.IF its over 127plus powers there.Jamie along with a guy named Evan Smith (head test driver and Editor Muscle Mustang and Fast Ford) are two of the BEST DRIVERS in the country on stock tires.On any given Viper event we ever had (50-75 cars )they usually average .5 seconds quicker than the rest of the field.If you do a search on their stock producttion car records you will see what i have been saying for instance (11.5 in a bone stock GEN 2 ECT 10.8 IN A BONE STOCK Z 06)

OK...? What are you trying to prove? Do you know how much they practice to get where they are now?

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Although I am not stock, I raced an M6 last year, I believe it was white...we started off with him 3 cars ahead of me, he hit it then I hit starting from about 85 mph. I started pulling him at about 125, slowly, then when I hit 140 I started gaining on him strong, at 150 mph I walked him down like he gave up and at 170 he was about 5 or 6 cars behind me. He had his wife in the car and I had my wife in the car. He was a good sport, but did seemed shocked that I walked him like that. Dude, I drive a Viper thats modded. But I didnt know M6's were that stout. The race was similar to how I walk Z06's.

Dont sleep on M6's. Like most German sports cars...they are serious competition. But just not serious enough. :D

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I apologize from my earlier comments to Jay, I guess from reading your posts that you took offense. That was not the intention. And BTW, I went to famoso not fontana, my bad. Famoso was a great track the day I went to it. You could leave very hard!

1badgts is not correct in his statement above. Just because you have the MPH doesnt mean you are going to run a low 11. If the track ***** for the first 100' then he will never be able to make it up, PERIOD. You can still run a great MPH but not stick, because of track prep or track conditions, and not run a low 11(11.0-11.3). Ask Jamie what the best time he can run with a 2.1 60' @128MPH. You can slip the clutch anyway you want but some tracks just **** for track prep and you cant get a good 60'. I have pulled one 1.7x and many 1.8x 60' and 1.9x 60' but I chose to go to a track that I know is prepped well, Just like Jamie. Ask Jamie to go run a low 11 on a Midnight Drags night, not goin to happen. The first 100-200' is covered with rubber pellets/balls from ricers and everyone else on regular street tires.
One last point, if the track is capable of a 1.8x 60' or better time and run 128+mph or higher then a low 11 is in the bag with a good driver.

Jay, I think you could do better than a 11.88 if the track is prepped ok. That is all I was pointing out. My first run off the trailer in famoso was a 11.8@124 mph .I had a 2.1 60' and hadnt drag raced in over a year so I was rusty. . BTW, bone stock 08. I agree with you about same track, day, and car but you can also always improve and learn new techniques(I am talking about myself).

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The day I get beat by a car with four seats is the day I trade in my car. Nissan GT-R included.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK...? What are you trying to prove? Do you know how much they practice to get where they are now?
Not trying to prove anything just reporting a fact. As far as practice (cant speak Jamie )but Evan as a professional test driver probably makes 200-300 runs a week (in every different car imagionable )this time of year.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not trying to prove anything just reporting a fact. As far as practice (cant speak Jamie )but Evan as a professional test driver probably makes 200-300 runs a week (in every different car imagionable )this time of year.
PS you never said what MPH the GEN 4 were turning at your track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32