Stock vs. T&D rockers (pics)

Flyin Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I am replacing my stock rockers with the T&D roller rockers, I thought others might appreciate some pictures of the parts. I know when I was buying these roller rockers, I only saw the Mopar picture, which was not alot to go by. I have posted six pictures as follows:

Link to Picture #1 -- This shows a rocker with the pivot installed. To the side are the bolt and the retainer bar (1 bar per pair of rockers). The raised edges of the retainer hold the pivot in a way that the rocker should not rotate.

Link to Picture #2 -- Alternate picture with the pivot removed and turned over. This shows the oil grooves that exist to lubricate between the pivot and the rocker. Though the picture does not show it well, there was some wear exhibited at the point that the pivot contacts the rocker.

Link to Picture #3 -- Here is the stock roller and pivot upside-down. Wear can be seen at the pushrod contact point and the the valve stem contact point (which is also off-center).

Link to Picture #4 -- Head-on view of T&D 1.70 ratio roller rocker. Roller to the bottom, hold-down bolts to the sides, pushrod adjuster to the top (note it is off-center). For each pair, one pushrod adjuster is offset to the left while the other is offset to the right. They do differ slightly.

Link to Picture #5 -- T&D roller rocker upside-down showing roller, center shaft (has bearings) held in by circlips and pushrod adjustment screw with its' locking collar.

Link to picture #6 -- T&D roller rocker side view.

Hope you find these pictures informative. If not, sorry for wasting your time.

wink.gif

S

SUN RA KAT

Great photos! Also please post a report on the new rockers in your car.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Stock vs. T&D rockers (pics)

Hey Flyin Phil,
Are you planning to dyno after you finish the rocker? Also, are you keeping the TB's stock or going bigger? Thanks,

Mike

OP
OP
F

Flyin Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The NE region has a dyno event in the spring that I will attend. It should enable me to quantify any change due strictly to the T&D installation. At the fall event, I had 399rwhp/463rwtq with 1-5/8" Borla headers, Random Tech Hi-Flo cats, and Corsa 3" catback system.

Not changing the throttle bodies.

Hissses

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Maybe this is a dumb question , but looking at the stock and the roller rockers it looks like the rollers are adjustable. Is this so and any special procedure?

OP
OP
F

Flyin Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score

T&D Roller Rockers are adjustable and the supplied procedure states that, once all of the rocker shaft hold down nuts have been torqued to 25 lbs. ft., one needs to "set the valve lash to the cam manufacturer's specifications and tighten the adjuster screw jam nut to 15-20 lbs. ft.". I don't know what the cam manufacturer (Dodge) recommends, but I'll need to find out in order to complete this installation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te