Stolen 2003 Viper

maddogz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this or what country the Viper is even in anymore but this weekend my dad came home to find his house broken into and everything stolen including his viper. The car was stolen between August 3rd and 5th in Toronto, Ontario, in Lawrence Park. It's a 2003 Viper, VIN 1B3JR65Z03V500723 , it has 31,000 km's on it. The viper is stock. He is the only owner as he bought this as a retirement gift for himself. This was probably pretty organized judging by the other hard to move stuff that was also taken but if anybody see's it or something, please call or text me, my dad, or the police. They stole some pretty important family things that aren't replaceable so this would be the easiest way to track down the thieves. This is a shot in the dark but worth a try. Thanks.

Tom Madill (me) 613-929-7111 cell
Ian Madill (dad) 416-931-8512 cell

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow. Sorry to hear that. Hope they are able to recover your Dad's car and other items.

kblake905

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Color of car and a post in the canadian section should help you out
Unfortunately if it was a professional job it is probably already in a container headed to Russia, or it has already been parted out.:omg:
We don't see a lot on the road up here so posting the colour and/or any unique accessories might help. Might help to monitor E-bay for Viper parts coming on the market.
I can relate to your Dad though as my Vipers were retirement gifts to myself.
Good Luck

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your dad's loss. The car being stolen is bad enough, but the personal items are really tough to lose. Is there any way to identify the car offhand or is it stock?

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, glad you posted the VIN, at least prospective owners can search the forums if they come across it.

Please let us know the color as maybe we'll see parts for sale or a Viper with a suspicious history.

Regards,
Aaron

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We service a lot of vipers in the Toronto area, I will keep a look out for that vin on used parts or in computer modules.

Good luck

Garrett

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw two Vipers (never see them this frequently) today in Oakville on my way to work.... One was a Gen 3 silver vert and was heading towards Burlington, and the other was a Gen 3 black vert which was was just going onto the on ramp at QEW east bound from Winston Churchill. More info about the car would be helpful... Vin is good to have though.

Figures I didn't have my dash cam with me. (took the truck today... damn rain...)

OP
OP
M

maddogz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry that i forgot the colour guys but the viper is black and stock. Thanks guys for everything. I had a 94 viper myself that I sold to a friend last year, loved it but never drove it. Put all the miles on my nsx. Figured if I wanted to take a rip in the viper, just take my dads. No more I guess.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it is a black 2003 Vert. What about plate number in case the crooks left it on? You should also include any other identification marks such as, dents, dings, scratches, tire type, etc?

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Keep us updated. Like I said in my previous post, I saw a Gen 3 black Viper heading eastbound towards toronto from Winston Churchill on the QEW this morning around 7:50.

OP
OP
M

maddogz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I past on the info about the black one seen. Not sure of the plate number, pops has been busy, doesn't remember what it is and has been to busy to find out. I got a ticket in it last year, still have it somewhere, but it doesn't have a front plate. It's gotten 10 tickets or so now for that. Probably the most distinguishable thing about the viper. Thanks again guys. My dad really appreciates all the help. Also, the tires are brand new Kuhmo's.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best to post up as many pictures, details ASAP. The sooner you get info here the sooner people can help out. The Viper community is pretty tight-knit. I have seen these things come across here before and you would be very surprised and the lengths some of the members will go through to help you.

Any marks, pictures, plate number etc. A lot of people looking to buy Vipers may stumble across it as well. May look organized but these people all get caught eventually. May even be their first time jacking a Viper!!

Good Luck and its very unfortunate.

-Tim

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the bad news about your dad's retirement gift, it's a dam shame! Ill keep my eyes open, kuhmo tired are easy to spot.

OP
OP
M

maddogz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry guys but I got the tires wrong, they are in fact michelin ps2

licence plate is APMN 912

It also has a clear plastic protective cover over the front end.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this or what country the Viper is even in anymore but this weekend my dad came home to find his house broken into and everything stolen including his viper. The car was stolen between August 3rd and 5th in Toronto, Ontario, in Lawrence Park. It's a 2003 Viper, VIN 1B3JR65Z03V500723 , it has 31,000 km's on it. The viper is stock. He is the only owner as he bought this as a retirement gift for himself. This was probably pretty organized judging by the other hard to move stuff that was also taken but if anybody see's it or something, please call or text me, my dad, or the police. They stole some pretty important family things that aren't replaceable so this would be the easiest way to track down the thieves. This is a shot in the dark but worth a try. Thanks.

Tom Madill (me) 613-929-7111 cell
Ian Madill (dad) 416-931-8512 cell
This exact same thing happened to me a few years ago. The thief totaled the car about 1 hour after he stole it from the garage too. It was the car pictured here in my avatar too and about two months after this event. Hope you have a better turn out.

OP
OP
M

maddogz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been out east for the past couple of weeks on vacation but going to see my dad and go through his house today. I think the SOB's stole my dead grandmothers wedding ring. Just an FYI, I work in law enforcement and last year I searched some **** junkies car. He had a lock punch and about 10 sets of car keys. What he was doing was breaking into houses, steal a few things, then come back in a couple of weeks and wait till a certain vehicle|(s) was in the driveway and steal it. No noise, no alarm. So he would have the keys, no garage to open, pretty simple. Most people dont notice when spare sets of keys are taken. Pops got 3 bikes plus an SSR. Told him to make sure he had every spare key and get it changed ASAP if not.

VIPER GTSR 91, that *****. You get another one??

I have an 1991 Acura nsx Vin is xxxxxxxx00017. She's a beaut, 71,000 km's. Now I'm all paranoid. Is there like some independent gps tracking system that can be installed on cars??

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been out east for the past couple of weeks on vacation but going to see my dad and go through his house today. I think the SOB's stole my dead grandmothers wedding ring. Just an FYI, I work in law enforcement and last year I searched some **** junkies car. He had a lock punch and about 10 sets of car keys. What he was doing was breaking into houses, steal a few things, then come back in a couple of weeks and wait till a certain vehicle|(s) was in the driveway and steal it. No noise, no alarm. So he would have the keys, no garage to open, pretty simple. Most people dont notice when spare sets of keys are taken. Pops got 3 bikes plus an SSR. Told him to make sure he had every spare key and get it changed ASAP if not.

VIPER GTSR 91, that *****. You get another one??

I have an 1991 Acura nsx Vin is xxxxxxxx00017. She's a beaut, 71,000 km's. Now I'm all paranoid. Is there like some independent gps tracking system that can be installed on cars??
Yes I got another almost right away. 09 aero coupe and then traded that for my current 09 ACR. Sure miss that race car though as I had nearly 140k in it but got hosed on the ins. claim with USAA.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny this came up again... I just posted this last night on another thread;

Well this won't prevent it from being stolen, but it tracks it for $109.00 at Walmart online. Seems to be an option for some people versus $700 for LoJack.

Tecnet TTL-1000 GPS Tracker/Logger:

The Tecnet TTL-1000 GPS Tracker/Logger logs your location, speed and driving habits in your GPS. This vehicle GPS tracker works with Google Earth and similar programs. It not only tracks, but also stores up to 3,650 hours of travel information. This Google Earth GPS tracker is easy to install and does not require any special tools or equipment. It comes ready to use out of the box and you dont have pay any special fees for using these services. It also comes with magnetic mount and cord clips, so you can easily mount it anywhere. The kit includes 1GB SD card and 12V power cord.

•GPS location tracking, logging and reporting
•Logs location, speed and driving habits
•Up to 3,650 hours of stored information (about 5 months)
•Easy installation, no tools or equipment required
•12V DC power plug
•Map display works with programs such as Google Earth
•No monthly fee required to use all features
•Magnetic mount and cord clips
•Includes 1GB SD card and 12V power cord

ScrewDrvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny this came up again... I just posted this last night on another thread;

Well this won't prevent it from being stolen, but it tracks it for $109.00 at Walmart online. Seems to be an option for some people versus $700 for LoJack.

The Tecnet TTL-1000 GPS Tracker/Logger logs your location, speed and driving habits in your GPS. This vehicle GPS tracker works with Google Earth and similar programs. It not only tracks, but also stores up to 3,650 hours of travel information. This Google Earth GPS tracker is easy to install and does not require any special tools or equipment. It comes ready to use out of the box and you dont have pay any special fees for using these services. It also comes with magnetic mount and cord clips, so you can easily mount it anywhere. The kit includes 1GB SD card and 12V power cord.

•GPS location tracking, logging and reporting
•Logs location, speed and driving habits
•Up to 3,650 hours of stored information (about 5 months)
•Easy installation, no tools or equipment required
•12V DC power plug
•Map display works with programs such as Google Earth
•No monthly fee required to use all features
•Magnetic mount and cord clips
•Includes 1GB SD card and 12V power cord

This will do little since you have to get the SD card out of the GPS unit to view the stored data. Its not real time tracking. The only thing this would do is show you where the car had been after(or if) it is recovered.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have some low cost tracking devices we use in investigations at work. I will see what the brand is.

I have another one that is high end ($2500) but I wouldn't recommend it due to the cost. It has a 250lb magnet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine