Reaction score
Guys,

Can't we all just get along
smile.gif
smile.gif

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Richard:
There is no reasoning with those that not only believe that their GTS and RT/10 Vipers are beeoooteeful and anything that doesn't have the same "aggressive" level of styling isn't worthy of the name Viper. They evidently are unaware that they don't have to keep repeating themselves over and over again with the exact same posts and ridicule for anyone with an IQ over 100 to be completely aware of their opinions. They probably believe that there are still DC employees bothering to read the posts on this site. Obviously no one with any power to adjust anything on the new Viper would have any reason to visit this site any longer. There's just no point.

I would ask again, if this is indeed a moderated forum, please lead these "protectors of the Viper" out of here before there is nothing but a blathering nuclear winter left. Why not give them a "Viper Heritage Protectors" forum where they can spew their venom - lets see how many enthusiasts of the new Viper follow them there to "discuss" things with them. They would be all alone shouting to themselves, because I believe that those who support the new Viper are most interested in information and freindly discussion about the new car, not shouting unwavering epitaphs back and forth with no more hope of changing the other sides mind than changing engraved stone.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's that old saying, "Opinions are like ($%%#@$%%) everybody's got one." Well Richard, you're full of them. Why not go on over to that web site you were talkin about and elaborate (the one for ex-Viper Owners). We'll all meet you over there buddy.

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have another IDEA!!!! There is this thread asking us to stop whining....well, (I'm having another creative moment so give me a second....) How about a please whine more thread!!!!
laugh.gif
I love whining about the Stratus Rag Top. It is very whine worthy! I am a Viper owner and am proud to stand for what the Viper is and what the Stratus is not!
bounce.gif

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

Now that was pretty cool.
cool.gif
We definitely don't & won't bring down the integrity of this part the Board (SRT Discussions) but we needed a little humor because of the SRT being a huge disappointment (for some of us). We're keeping it right on this thread and it didn't even really start out to be humorous - just ended up like that. Just what some of us needed IMHO. A break from the reality of the SRT.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT size="6">Whiners. Shuddup!</FONT s>

Enough is enough. The car is going to production the way it looks now. Nothing in your whining is going to change anything (for the foreseeable future). Whining is completely non-productive and a waste of readers time.

If you do not like it then buy something else. The only real ammunition that you have regarding car designs is to buy something else and let the marketplace drive changes. Complaining on a site intended for SRT/10 people about the SRT/10 in in bad taste.

Like others I am still on the fence regarding the SRT/10. But I plan on purchasing one and am interested in reading comments from other aficionados. I am really not interested in reading commentaries from detractors.

So please, all you whiners, buzz off and go post on a site dedicated to some other car. This one is intended to be for the SRT/10, and like the RT/10-GTS pages, it is intended for the enjoyment of owners and fans.

Ron
My $0.00000002

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trey, thank you for a honest reply, and I apologize for the accusations of others. My intention was to try and turn a great fun thread into a real discussion rather than a $hit slinging event. Again I apologize.

Now if I may, back to what we actually had going. I am glad to hear that the sheer "performance" of the original Viper was not what converted you into the passionate owner you have become. Basically, if there was never a GTS then you may have never had a Viper, right?

To this I say there are many of you out there who purchased the GTS or went from an RT/10 on the sheer distinctive beauty that it offers. That being said, there are many who purchased a Viper for the opportunity to own the baddest *** car on the street, plain and simple. Did my Viper ever let me down on the promise of rude and crude performance? NO! And that is why the first one will be a permanent fixture in my garage for the remainder of my life, as I assume your GTS will be something that remains in yours.

Now what is the secret for ALL of us to get what we want? Simple, over time, as they have in the past, Dodge will release it's performance machines based on the success of the existing version. If PVO becomes a profitable operation, then you can be sure that they will put there sights on a fixed top version for the street. If PVO fails, well then you me and everyone else will have NO VIPER to worry about! Everything is relevant and all intertwined into a complex weave. In order for your passion to continue, you will need the SRT/10 to lead PVO to it's projected profits. This my friend is the only way WE will be having any discussions in 2005. A little faith in the guys and gals that have brought you so much enjoyment would be a great show of appreciation, and something that might motivate them to continue the magic. You said yourself that the Comp Coupe did something for you. There is only one way a version of that will ever hit the street.

To all, many of you feel I am bias, and to some degree I am. I would fight you if you attacked my family members, as I presume most of you would do to me if I attacked yours. For the last 10 years, I have had the wonderful experience of really getting to know these fine people, and in all cases they have treated me as part of their internal family. No other manufacture has this relationship with their customer base. Instead of fighting, and creating a barrier between us, why not use this rare opportunity to get what you desire. As always, there are proper and improper ways to go about this. I have never been anything but pleasantly surprised by the actions of PVO. By showing them support, they have continually strived to create a better or different Viper, giving our VCA family the opportunity for growth. Let's work with them verses against them, and in the end, we will all get exactly what we want.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,

I am not suggesting anyone go out and try to start a new club - I more than most know the close knit and exclusive relationship the VCA has with Dodge.

However, I am so sick of reading quotes and quips from folks who's sole intention is to insult the car. At some point, folks need to deal with

a) the reality that their voicing of their views and opinions WILL NOT change anything about the car

b) the reality that they are alienating their fellow club members if they constantly rag on the car that some of us like

I have NO PROBLEM with someone not liking or even HATING the SRT, but at some point I get really sick and tired of constantly reading how ugly it is, or how SRT means "Stratus RT" or something.

Is it just me or does it seem like the guys who are into the performance of a car (like the ones who actually USE it) either like the SRT or have a mature opinion towards it and refrain from stooping to lame insults like calling it an S2000, etc.

It's still a Viper. It still looks better than any Corvette. It's gonna be faster than anything before it. Oh, you think it's an S2000? &lt;YAWN&gt;.

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im as big of a performance nut as the next guy. Already have the Roe SC on order for my own car. You can never go fast enough. So your argument that we dont appreciate high-performance is dead wrong. The new stratus is just a dissapointment. Go ahead and throw a big NOS injected blown 528 Hemi in it, yes it will be the so fast that I would wet my pants, but for some reason, the word ugly still comes to mind. Someone once told me "You cant polish a ****".....

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I'm with 'ya Mike!

Remember, I'm the one with the POSITIVE quotes in Autoweek!

You gotta love our VCA for having such strong emotions on almost any subject! Once our SRT's are on the road, I have a feeling that the cameraderie will be there!

I've seen this many times with many new versions of cars...

You've got one group that will be open and excited about the changes (and improvements) and will embrace them with passion...

...and then you've got your "loyalists" that want "what was" to be forever.

Can't argue either side.... they both have their reason, and their passion!

...and when the GEN4 Viper comes out.... maybe the "old fashioned SRT guys" will be complaining about the styling changes! LOL!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no idea why this childish perspective continues. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. That does not mean that you are entitled to continue to bash other individuals opinions. Many people like the SRT and are entitled to their opinion.

Since I am purchasing an SRT I have been inquiring with friends, relatives, coworkers, etc. to get their unbiased opinion regarding it. I have received a fairly consistent message that they like the SRT better than the current Viper. Why that is I can only speculate. I believe it is because it has a more refined, mainstream appearance and lacks some of the details that makes it difficult to use as adaily driver.

I personally like the looks of the RT/10 best and the GTS a close second. Yes I am an open top aficionado. The SRT has a more mainstream appearance, I believe from 2 primary factors: loss of 1 piece clamshell hood and loss of the sport cap. The only area where I dislike the SRT is the transition from the front fenders to the door and side sill. The roof does not seriously detract from the appearance when up in comparison to the RT that looks out of place with the roof on.

I guess what I am getting at is it is okay for you to not like it. But please, respect those of us that do like it. It was once said that silence is one of the greatest virtues. A virtue that should be employed in this instance.

Ron

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
It was once said that silence is one of the greatest virtues.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dr. Speed,
I dont think you would be thinking silence is such a great virtue when someone passes gas....ever heard of "Silent but deadly?"
laugh.gif

DSSX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I for one am very happy Dodge is making the new status rag top. Its going to make my 2000 viper worth more. I kinda wish that the Viper was a foreign car, we Americans are the only people who would do such a stupid thing with a winner.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:
Trey, thank you for a honest reply, and I apologize for the accusations of others. My intention was to try and turn a great fun thread into a real discussion rather than a $hit slinging event. Again I apologize.

Now if I may, back to what we actually had going. I am glad to hear that the sheer "performance" of the original Viper was not what converted you into the passionate owner you have become. Basically, if there was never a GTS then you may have never had a Viper, right?

To this I say there are many of you out there who purchased the GTS or went from an RT/10 on the sheer distinctive beauty that it offers. That being said, there are many who purchased a Viper for the opportunity to own the baddest *** car on the street, plain and simple. Did my Viper ever let me down on the promise of rude and crude performance? NO! And that is why the first one will be a permanent fixture in my garage for the remainder of my life, as I assume your GTS will be something that remains in yours.

Now what is the secret for ALL of us to get what we want? Simple, over time, as they have in the past, Dodge will release it's performance machines based on the success of the existing version. If PVO becomes a profitable operation, then you can be sure that they will put there sights on a fixed top version for the street. If PVO fails, well then you me and everyone else will have NO VIPER to worry about! Everything is relevant and all intertwined into a complex weave. In order for your passion to continue, you will need the SRT/10 to lead PVO to it's projected profits. This my friend is the only way WE will be having any discussions in 2005. A little faith in the guys and gals that have brought you so much enjoyment would be a great show of appreciation, and something that might motivate them to continue the magic. You said yourself that the Comp Coupe did something for you. There is only one way a version of that will ever hit the street.

To all, many of you feel I am bias, and to some degree I am. I would fight you if you attacked my family members, as I presume most of you would do to me if I attacked yours. For the last 10 years, I have had the wonderful experience of really getting to know these fine people, and in all cases they have treated me as part of their internal family. No other manufacture has this relationship with their customer base. Instead of fighting, and creating a barrier between us, why not use this rare opportunity to get what you desire. As always, there are proper and improper ways to go about this. I have never been anything but pleasantly surprised by the actions of PVO. By showing them support, they have continually strived to create a better or different Viper, giving our VCA family the opportunity for growth. Let's work with them verses against them, and in the end, we will all get exactly what we want.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve,

I just want to thank you for that Post! Honestly! You truely opened my eyes to some things I'd been missing! I agree with you 100% & I'm behind you & the new SRT Viper! I honestly hope now, that it's a HUGE success! See what discussing things can do? Thanks Steve Ferguson!!!!!
smile.gif

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dr. Speed:
I personally like the looks of the RT/10 best
Ron

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
3 out of 4 Rchester Hills Drs recommend the RT/10 for their patients who drive Vipers.
devil.gif
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Richard:
Trey - youre right, I am full of opinions. Evidently however, you have only one opinion and feel some compulsion to repeat it endlessly. I really can not comprehend the meaning of the statement about the ex viper owners forum, but the point of asking for a place for you to protect the "heritage" of the Viper is that we would not follow you there to argue.
I really don't think you make any sense. I have traded my Viper in on the new Viper and as I understand the rules of the VCA, anyone who owns or has a valid order for a Viper is welcome as a member.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now Richard, I thought you said that you didn't understand my Post. I think you understood completely.

To the contrary Richard, I think everyone belongs here. You included. Everyones opinions are welcomed as well. If I understand you correctly, it's perfectly alright for Hundreds of people to Post how much they like the SRT. ON & ON & ON.
But it's not alright for people who feel the opposite to do the <u>exact same thing</u>! That Richard, makes no sense! Read the title of this part of the Forum. This is a Discussion Page Richard! We discuss & toss around ideas here. Everyone doesn't always agree and ideas aren't always the same! Nevertheless, we all keep giving our opinions, good or bad.

"If we all thought alike Richard.........We wouldn't be thinking!"

You Richard, are a conformist. You have pre-set ideas on the way things should be & when others don't conform to those ideals - then it's time for them to go. "And Moderators please take them away for us & Hurry." Do you even know how *** you sound? But then when we flip it back to you and tell YOU to get out & to take your Stretched S2000 Stratus Rag Top with you - well then Richard you start to act confused, like you rode the little yellow bus w/ the black windows to school as a youth. Don't let the smack confuse you Richard.....think it out before you Post.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelP:
Why do the guys getting the new car feel as if they are being personally attacked.

Guys it is not YOU people do not like(Probably
tongue.gif
) it is the CAR.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I THINK SOME PEOPLE MISSED THIS POST IN ALL THE CONFUSION.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trey, can I ask a question and get an honest answer?

If YOU had a choice, would you own a GTS or RT/10? Would you mind listing the reasons why you select which ever model?

The reason I ask is because in my observation you love fixed top Viper's, i.e. the GTS and Comp Coupe seem to spark your passion button? If that is the case, and I am only presuming since I have yet to see your reply, then doesn't it make sense that no matter what "open top" Viper there is that you would not be a true fan of it?

Just trying to gain a clearer picture.

I prefer the looks of the GTS to ALL of the 4 Viper's out there, but looks alone will not make me prefer one to another. Big Block, Big Performance, and as crude as you can make it are the things I look for. Hey I am still the idiot complaining that the SRT/10 DOES NOT LEAK & has a DEAD PEDAL!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question for the whiners.

Do all of you go to the other car forums on the internet and complain that you do not like their cars. If not, why? When others (Supras, Vettes, etc.) come on the RT/10 - GTS page and dis the Viper you come on strong telling them clearly that the Viper forum is not a location to come to and dis the Viper. Why is that different for the SRT page? The SRT/10 page is intended for aficionados, not detractors.

Ron

PS. Publicly dissing something that someone else likes or plans to own is in fact an attack of that persons tastes and/or likes. I can understand specifics dislikes like " I don't like the sharp corner at the front fender transition." However, generalized hatrid and condemnation for the car does indeed pose itself as a personal attack to those that are putting a personal interest in the car.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

When the Viper 1st came out on 92' I really didn't care for the car. I thought it looked pretty cool but I didn't HAVE to buy it. When the GTS came out....well life changed! Love at first site! I've owned a lot of different cars but when I saw the GTS, I knew I'd have one for life! And sure enough, every year or so, I get another. Why do I prefer the GTS? Maybe it's the shear aggressive stance of the car. From EVERY angle. Maybe it's the slight bubble in the roof. The curves in the rear. The way the hatch-back makes the car look at night. How mean it looks when the wheels are turned a certain way. I don't know Steve. You really can't explain true love! And I honestly can't really explain why I love that car. I feel it but can't really articulate it. I thought it was the most AWESOME car on the planet! Until I saw the Competition Coupe! Then just when I thought Dodge couldn't create anything more awesome - they go and TOP the GTS! I don't have anything against a Convertible Steve, I have a SL 500. I just don't like the way that the SRT resembles so many other cars. The exclusivity IMO is gone. I really don't care about the performance factor. I've never owned a Viper under 550 HP anyway. It's 100% looks IMO. I just want a GTS version in the years to come or even a street legal Competition Coupe. I have good friends that are buying the SRT - I just don't like it & I feel let down by Dodge. But maybe we're all jumping the gun on these discussions. Maybe they just want to sell the remaining GTS's and something else is on the way...who knows.

Why do I love the GTS? Maybe "a picture is worth a 1000 words" applies here.

DSC00151.JPG

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know what... I think maybe we should break up the Viper club and have the traditional club, and the SRT club.

I am so sick of hearing how UGLY the SRT is. Some guys (you know who you are) are up to intelligent debate on the matter, but I am sick of reading the "SRT means Stratus RT! hahaha" comments, and I WILL NOT put up with that bull$hit at some event where a group of dumba$$es wants to act like 10 year olds and make themselves feel better by insulting a car that is faster, better, more expensive, and performs better in every respect.

If I am going to have to deal with this sort of BS at events, I'll just not bother re-joining the VCA.

Funny how some of the people who have the MOST to say about the SRT are the ones that seem to use their cars the LEAST. I wonder how many SRT's we will see at the races compared to some of these guys and their garage queen GTS's. Maybe GTS stands for "Garaged and Tenderly Smooched every week"???

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like Trey said....A picture is worth a 1000 words. Check out the new Stratus Rag Top!

&lt;IMG SRC="
main_exterior_1.gif
" border=0&gt;

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dr. Speed:
<FONT size="6">Whiners. Shuddup!</FONT s>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yea that will work.
bounce.gif

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Golly - I guess I just don't have the intimate personal knowledge of Gayness that you must have to be able to judge a persons ****** preference from his writing.

I assume that the VCA, supported by DC envisioned this forum as a site for Enthusiasts of the car, as you might find the original forum is for the gen I & II. It ias not an appropriate location for bashing of the car. A discussion forum does not imply disagreement, that would be a disagreement forum, which I did not see in the description of this site. Steves amusement to the contrary, if nothing is done to address the needs of both the affecianados and detractors, this site will deteriorate into a completely useless mass of smoking waste.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WOW! I think I might've touched a nerve when I called you a homosexual. Out of everything I said, that stuck out the most huh? I bet your hands were shaking when you were typing huh Rachael? I mean Richard.

I never said you were *** - just that you sounded ***. Hell Richard, I wouldn't even wish that homo stuff on even you. Just tell me there's a wife, ex/wife, or girl friend somewhere up there in Illinois and you'll be alright w/ me! You seem to have 1st hand knowledge on the intent of the Moderators & DC for the craetion of this site. That's real good. Now if you could manage to hold onto a Viper, you'd be A OK.

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,
My GTS is Garaged and Tenderly Smooched every DAY! I'm proud of it too. I dont want to separate to board. Im sorry that some people do like the SRT but dont like others complaining about it. Maybe some day someone will make some changes that makes the car more true to its origins (visually). Until then, I dont see any harm in voicing my opinion. No one is trying to break up the VCA here. But on the other hand, there are a lot of us who really dont like the new car. Yes we do act like 10 year olds sometimes. Whats your point?
laugh.gif

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trey, thanks for being open minded and looking for the same ultimate goal, a bigger and happy family. If all things go as planned, we will both be in new versions of the Viper that will satisfy our individual Viper passion.

Mark O, as you have documented, I am not very good at the technical aspect of any car. I mentioned in a post that a portion of the new top has a hardened plastic to make the top preform like a full hard top. In fact, after attending the SAE dinner in Detroit, the material used is "a magnesium die-cast". I was not trying to surprise anyone, but simply trying to convey what I have been told that are actual facts. Sorry for any confusion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude