Stoptech Stage 1 and 2

Baddasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All,

I want to upgrade my brake system but cannot afford the Stoptech Big Brake System. I was at there site and saw the Stage 1 and 2 Kit which includes the follow:

Stoptech Stainless Steel brake line front and rears
Stoptech front and rear slotted-stock size rotors which I can use the stock calipers with.

Has anyone had this done? Would there be a big difference between this and the stock system? Any input would be greatly appreciated. I don't dragrace or take the car to the track but might in the future..I have a 99 RT/10 which is supercharged and has over 700 rwhp...

Thanks in advance

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Badasp,

My first thought was why bother upgrading system if your not stressing
the brakes system with any sort of track use. You have added some serious HP
and the faster your car the better braking capabilities are important.

I have upgraded my 2000GTS with Stoptech SS brake lines on all four corners and their one piece slotted Aerorotors on the fronts only. I use EBC greens for daily driving and switch out to brakeman 3's for track use. Also use motul RBF600 brake fluid. The main reason why I upgraded was because of my track use.
For daily driving I would think stock is just fine. If you want to make a modest investment in improved braking and add some pizazz try the stoptech rotors with cadium(?) coating (They look chromed). At a minimum though I would invest in the SS brake lines.
Hope this helps

Fast Eddie

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's what is sitting in my inbox.

Don't have a digital camera today so this from my Sony DVcam if it looks odd.

You must be registered for see images

I opted for the whole setup. I understand you can't upgrade from the 2 wheel to the 4 wheel so I just went wild.

I like stopping as much as I like going.

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the poor mans 4 wheel upgrade. Stoptech front brake upgrade with rear powerslot rotors, SS lines and EBC red pads. Big improvement.