STOPTECHS 4 WHEEL BRAKE KIT

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, Its snowing outside and its modding time..lol :ooo:

I just ordered a four wheel brake kit complete for my 96 rt/10//I have eradispeed rotors and was just curious from others who have done this upgrade as to the difference in the braking of the car as opposed to its present set-up..I figured that since I am having DLM supercharge package it only makes sense to improve the braking on the car..Anyone with similar upgrades I would appreciate your input...

Thanks

Adam

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam is your car still at DLM too? At least it must be easier with it snowing outside, it's 68 degrees here & no car :( What are you having done?

Andy

OP
OP
B

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Andy, DLM Level 2 with some extra goodies... Yes it will be ther probably until Jan although I don't want to bother doug and be a pest..besides doug is very good to his customers who leave him alone if you know what I mean..

And yes its still snowing, were getting a foot of snow with blizzard and white out conditions so says the weatherman..lol

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Stoptech on all 4 corners & it's night & day difference from the stock brakes. The car stops on a dime! I never yet experienced any fade with them. I just changed brake fluid today as part of my year end maintenance and they were a piece of cake to bleed. Highly recommend them especially with mods you are planning.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Stoptech front only and the difference was very noticable. You will also notice a difference between pads. I suggest going with a full out race pad.

I never thought much of the Eradispeed rotors.

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam, I try not to bother him (1 call every 2 weeks ) I never have sent a car away before I am not sure what the correct protocal is. My wife thinks I am stupid & he is probably cruising around in my car or parted it out by now..Ha Ha
How long has your car been there?

Not to hijack your thread but does stoptech make a kit for 02 (ABS)? IS it a great improvement? Is it still ABS?

Andy

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5695.00 Ouch! I guess it is not bad compared to the DLM Bill!
Are they still ABS?
Andy

Bob Woodhouse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have installed Stop Tech's and Brakeman complete systems. Stoptech is a good system that uses a porsche size brake pad, easy to get. 14" rotors do not fit in 17" wheels, the main downside. Equipped with brake ducts and they are good for almost anything you can give em.

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have stoptech on front for my 02 GTS. It was not worth for me to spend 3K more to get the rear as I would have to buy new 1K e-brake as the ABS version would not fit. I also use brakeman pads and fluid.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam, Adam, Adam.
At the rate you go bro it ain't going to be too long before you're modded out, and you have to resort to doing stickers and neon on the Snake!
ROTFLOL!!!!!

Both Stacks Blowin'

Viper Owner
Reaction score
::::Warning::::

Be very, very careful, after you have had the brakes fitted. They stop so quickly, that you are likely to get any car following you at speed, hitting you up your Ar**.

1997 GST with Stoptech Big Brake system and 18" BBS Wheels fitted. ;) ;) :2tu: :2tu:

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does someone have stopping distance numbers comparing a car with the Stoptech brakes recently installed against the new Viper SRT. The Viper SRT is right now the best for braking. What are the stopping distance numbers

Thanks

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please someone explain WHY the StopTech 4 wheel brake kit is SOOOOO much better than stock?

From what I have researched.... the stock brakes are Brembo.... but the rears are not correctly matched in braking torque to the fronts?

So wouldn't Tom's rear brake caliper mod be just as good as the StopTech kit..... I guess if you upgraded rotors????

Please educate me... I just don't see the value added in relationship to the cost?

Lance

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the 13" rotor front Stoptechs which have smaller pitons than stock. They are much better than stock due to the better balance. I suspect that Tom's set up should equal the stopping distance of my setup. The two piece Aerorotors however, are far superior to stock and should help a lot in preventing fade. I believe the price of Tom's set up with front two piece rotors would approch that of the Stoptech front setup.

Stoptech does make a 4 wheel setup for 17" wheels. I decided on the front set up as per Stoptech the stopping distance was within a foot of the 4 wheel set up. 4 wheel setup does look much cooler!

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam,
My car has been at DLM for a while and will be getting the StopTech system as soon as I get it back. I have driven and ridden in a car that was pre/post StopTech and the difference is unbelievable. You will like the additional stopping power :2tu:

CStegall

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently purchased Rob Fosters VRL 2001 GTS race car. This car was built from a new 2001 GTs by Archer Racing. It has Stoptechs on all four corners including stoptech two part rotors and cooling ducts on the front.

Took the car to Button Willow last weekend - should mention that the tires are Hoosier Dot 335's, on all four corners.

This car stops so good that my passenger, who was running his 97 GTS (on Goodyear scrubs) swore we were not going to make the turn at Star Mazda - we did!!!

The car stops real well - I kept moving my braking points up and up and up (as compared to my 96 GTS braking points)

Fade - we did a race and I did manage to get a soft pedal - it went just a little soft and got no worse - this was at the end of two days of pounding on those brakes.
Pad wear (Pagits obtained from Stoptech) was negligable - rotor wear - virually none.

What aftermarket brake solution would I put on my Street Driven GTS - not even a question - Stoptechs - however I would talk to Stoptech about what pad to use for the street- forget about using track pads for the street - Race pads and cold rotors = rotors get chewed out darn quick.
Luck

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At a track event at Thunderhill, an older M3 driver told me he couldn't believe how well my car stopped. Said he nearly rearended me on a turn due to how quick it braked. :shocked: That is with the supplied Axxis pads. On one turn, with a Z06 in pursuit, I locked up a front tire. The guy in the Z06 later asked me if there was something wrong with my car!?! Guess he had never heard of "non-ABS"!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On one turn, with a Z06 in pursuit, I locked up a front tire. The guy in the Z06 later asked me if there was something wrong with my car!?! Guess he had never heard of "non-ABS"!

Funny. I run with a couple ex-Z06 guys currently driving Panoz (non-ABS). After switching they mentioned to me how they now realize what I went through when they used to follow me in their Vettes sitting back and waiting for me to flat spot.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my take on the Stoptech experience on my '00. The calipers are a 4 piston Porsche 959 type and are huge. The front and rear calipers are the same size with the front being at least 50% larger then stock and the rears at least 100% larger. In the front with a 14.2" rotor there is MUCH more sweep area which makes you stop better and run cooler, with the 4 wheel setup the rears actually do some braking where as the stock rears didn't do much. Because of the larger pads and cooler running temps the pads & rotors last twice as long as stock on the track. Because of all the research Stoptech put into the Viper specific system you do not need a proportioning valve to adjust. On the track they do not fade which is great, I took a stock braked Viper out on the track recently and after 8 laps the brakes were gone. The Stoptechs do work better then stock, how much on the street I don't know but on the track they are indespensible.

BTW, their customer service is second to none.

OP
OP
B

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Devildog long time no speak, anyway I was originally going with the black hats and silver calipers but decided the black hats with red calipers show up better so I switched my order to those..

Adam

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Hey Devildog long time no speak, anyway I was originally going with the black hats and silver calipers but decided the black hats with red calipers show up better so I switched my order to those..

Adam

:eek: :2tu: :headbang:

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does someone have numbers to compare with the stoptech and the new Viper SRT brakes. The new SRt seems to be the best right now in braking next to a GT2 or GT3. What are the numbers

Thanks

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does someone have numbers to compare with the stoptech and the new Viper SRT brakes. The new SRt seems to be the best right now in braking next to a GT2 or GT3. What are the numbers

Thanks

ALOT of that has to do with the new suspension geometry, cannot be duplicated in a Gen2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960