strange smell ~3500-4000 rpm..

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't remember the exact details but I do recall someone mentioning a heater core leak a few months ago on the old board. Lots of cars (other than Vipers as I'm sure you know) often blow a small hole in the core and it is usually noticeable by condensation that doesn't go away easily on the inside of the windshield, and of course the sweet smell of coolant. But it sounds like your problem may be different. Although the higher your rpm, the higher the coolant pressure and potentially the likeliness of it spraying a little and you smelling it. Just a long shot but thought I'd throw in my two cents. You've probably thought of this though.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guite often smell an exhaust odor, or something like that, when I accelerate quickly. Have been guessing it is caused by the A/C turning off and exhaust odor being somehow sucked into the cabin. Got a 2000 GTS.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2000 GTS. After a long drive on a hot day with the AC going, I often get a blast of coolant smell in the cabin. But only after it sits a while and the AC was running.