Street value of celeb owned Viper?

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've seen posts similar to this, but it has been a while. I'm considering an '06 coupe and curious about the est. value of my GTS.

2002 GTS Final Edition, 6,000 miles.
Excellent Condition, filters/tubes/Borla catback (basically stock)
2nd owner, previously Joe Perry of Aerosmith
Documentation, signed visor, magazine article with him & the car.

I realize value of prior owner has different value to different buyers (zero to some). Any thoughts? I really appreciate your feedback.

thanks.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you find a Joe Perry fan, I say $0. If it belonged to someone like Carroll Shelby or other famous VIPER person (Bob Lutz, etc), then I could see a premium, but still not a whole lot.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reminds me of the episode of Seinfeld where George bought a car because John Voight owned it previously. Ends up that the "real" J.V. never actually owned it.
Sounds like it would be more of a conservation piece than anything.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with most, it would have to be a special person, like a Carrol Shelby. Dodge built my SRT-10 Ram for Bobby Hamilton, even have all the documentation. His name appears right on the window sticker. I do not figure it will increase the value, but is fun to talk about.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to buy this car. Was on the market about a year and half ago, right?.. The previous owner history played no part in my decision, to buy or not to buy the car..

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had Carrol Shelby go in and sign my Glove Box... and its a Blue and White... those two alone should get me another $25k :cool:

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless Joe Perry accidentally left a bag of his coke in the car, it doesn't effect the car's value, in my opinion.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think only if the famous person did something in or with the car and it's documented, and well known. Then it may be worth more to a collector.

Like OJ's white bonco:)

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

V

venms96

Final Ed 357,

There most likely isn't one other person on here who has seen Aerosmith more times than me....Joe Perry has his sh*& together, so you can forget the crazy Rock Star post. He and Steven Tyler, Brad Whitford, Tom Hamilton and Joey Kramer, they are all into cars, and I mean really into cars, in a big way, just like the people who are reading this. Brad Whitford is a certified Motorhead and lots of people in the car world are aware of that, you don't have to be an Aerosmith fan to know that. I'm not going on a rant here, but will say that Joe Perry is still a member of one of, if not THE greatest American Rock-n-Roll band in our country. Just my opinion of course. So, with that said, obviously, I am a Fan, and have been for 33 years....damn, time flies.

However, I still wouldn't give you more $$ just because he owned it. I look at your car like a great 02 FE, with sort-of low miles, great colors, and that's about it. It wouldn't matter to me if Joe Perry owned it or not, and I can quote every lyric from their 1st "album" from 1973. There is more value in your car, simply because of the color, it's a Dodge Viper, and the last year of a great body style. Cool that a helluva guitar player owned it, but most would probably agree that it shouldn't change the value....at all.
Now....what's the price going to be, let me know ? :)

Just my .02 and opinion of course.

venms96
1996 GTS (with "Toys in the Attic" in the CD Player)

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can probably get a good deal on the Kelsey Grammar Viper.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When dodge sponsered the Aerosmith tour in '02 or '03 part of the deal was that they would each receive an SRT-10 as part of the sponsership. Two of them received silver, mine was the third silver to be made, and the first released to the public for sale. wondering if they still own their SRT's there was a lot publicity when they were in town to drive the car around the DCX tech center track while they were here.

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So, with that said, obviously, I am a Fan, and have been for 33 years....damn, time flies.

venms96
1996 GTS (with "Toys in the Attic" in the CD Player)

[/QUOTE]

venms96, you should show them a pic of your license plate :nana:

Bratatatat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had Carrol Shelby go in and sign my Glove Box... and its a Blue and White... those two alone should get me another $25k :cool:

You did??? That would be awesome! Let's see a pic??

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had Jack Roush sign the inside of my trunk lid, pics in my gallery. FYI Roush industries builds the Comp Coupe race cars for Dodge.

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never really thought of selling my snake, but I really wonder how much more my FE could bring considering that it was owned by TCKTPLZ. I may not be a rock star, yes, but I do make a killer meatloaf and at least the potential buyer(s) would have the comfort of knowing that they would not have to sterilize the leather interior in fear that so and so rock star ********** all over it in an alcohol-induced session of fan bonding.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Casey Mears is signing my owners manual cover! At least I think he is. I'm still waiting.

He should. When I installed the 1'' lowering kit to the seat, I found one of those expensive all in one "key & remote" in the seat. It went to a Honda, but if he still owns it, I'm sure He’d would want it back.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want the celebs entire life, not just the car he discarded. I'm tired of seeing hot prostitutes on decks of yachts waiting to sevice other guys.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want the celebs entire life, not just the car he discarded. I'm tired of seeing hot prostitutes on decks of yachts waiting to sevice other guys.

You don't need to be a celebrity to have sex with a **********.