Subwoofer anyone?

WICKDXS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the center speaker in an RT/10 with an 8" (or larger???) subwoofer? In my 2001 it looks like with some modifications to the trim that fits between the seats one would fit. Any pics of work done would be nice.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have some in my gallery

went with a kicker, love it-but it does take up space

OP
OP
W

WICKDXS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK so I just jumped right in, an 8" Kicker fit perfect, you have to remove the lip where the stock speaker is. It took me a few cuts with a jig saw to figure it out but removing the metal backing plate located behind the mounting lip of the stock speaker lip makes trimming the hole easy with a sharp utility knife. Sounds awesome...

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had an 8" in the center location and am now getting rid of it. With having it so close to my head, it just didn;t sound right.

Right now, I am having a box built that will sit in the passanger side's footwell and will have two 8's in it. With it located further away from my ears, it should sound a LOT better.

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an 8" in the center location and am now getting rid of it. With having it so close to my head, it just didn;t sound right.

Right now, I am having a box built that will sit in the passanger side's footwell and will have two 8's in it. With it located further away from my ears, it should sound a LOT better.

Who is doing your install? Custom Sounds? If you go by there or anything, snap a few pics of their build process to post up. I would like to build my own, but I may take it in to a shop as well. Heck, I want to go by there and see their work. Shoot me a PM if you can and tell me where the installer is. -FROG-

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a nice setup and all, but for us RT/10 folks... we ain't got a bassable trunk. The trunk is totally seperate from the cockpit, so we get nothing at all from a trunk mounted speaker. We have 2 choices... the console, or the passanger kick panel. :(