Sun Visor Air Deflectors?

Flyng Low

VCA Member
Reaction score
Has anyone filled the gap between the visors and the windshield? I almost never put the top on my Gen-I RT/10 daily driver -- I do put the side windows in unless it is hot. SoCal mornings and evenings can be a bit refreshing (under 60F). When you position the sun visors up high enough to flip the freeway air over the heads, there is a too-refreshing jet of air that comes downward through the gap between the visor and the windshield.
I tried temporarily putting some packing tape over these gaps and it seems to make the cockpit much more comfortable. I'm thinking of attaching some two-inch-wide strips of black leather with velcro to the windshield frame that would overlay the sunvisors. I think this would be unobtrusive, yet effective.
Anyone tried or seen anything like this? Not trying to reinvent the wheel here...

Greg W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kurt,

You still alive? I've seen these in the ViperMag. Lexicon, I think, and pretty inexpensive.

Greg W

94 RT/10

OP
OP
Flyng Low

Flyng Low

VCA Member
Reaction score
Thanks Greg,
I've seen the plexiglass panels but looking for something a bit more subtle than that to try first. If no one else has any experience with just filling the gap, I will try this myself and let the Forum know how it works out.

ps - glad you missed me, I've been spending most of my time with two daughters and two grandchildren in Palo Alto (No Viper and no surf :( ) but will be back soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang