Sunol, CA head-on crash

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know we have members there, including a past raffle winner. Hopefully the other driver is OK.

One person was killed Saturday morning in a head-on collision between a sports car and a pickup truck on Highway 84 in Sunol, the California Highway Patrol said.

The crash was reported at 9:16 a.m. on the busy two-lane highway, west of Main Street in Sunol and a few miles south of Pleasanton.

CHP officers said a Dodge Viper and a truck were involved and that one person was pronounced dead at the scene.

Officers did not immediately identify the victim.

The collision shut the roadway for more than an hour.

Source: http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Head-on-crash-kills-1-in-Sunol-4379168.php

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful out there guys hands on the wheel and eyes on the road, no cell phones. Condolences to the guys family. Very sad news.

Torquemonster06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our thoughts and prayers are with his family. Does anybody know if he was a member on the boards? I hate to hear this kind of news.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Condolences to the family.

Hey guys, keep the hero drives on the track.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That *****. Otehr than mechanical failure, it could have been a lapse in concentration. Texting or making a call. Either way, pay attention.

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OR''''''''''the driver of the truck was drunk and caused the head on,..........One of our good friends was killed last week by a 4 time convicted drunk driver.......Our friend was on his Harley at 3 in the morning when a truck hit him.......Driver ******........this time he gets Manslaughter......be careful out there....you never know when GOD is gonna call our name.........

Condolences to his family...........terrible accident for sure........Normally why is it that the guy who causes the accident walks away????? In this case I don't know just sayin...... RIP.....

That *****. Otehr than mechanical failure, it could have been a lapse in concentration. Texting or making a call. Either way, pay attention.

pdub

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OR''''''''''the driver of the truck was drunk and caused the head on,..........One of our good friends was killed last week by a 4 time convicted drunk driver.......Our friend was on his Harley at 3 in the morning when a truck hit him.......Driver ******........this time he gets Manslaughter......be careful out there....you never know when GOD is gonna call our name.........

Condolences to his family...........terrible accident for sure........Normally why is it that the guy who causes the accident walks away????? In this case I don't know just sayin...... RIP.....

the 2nd link from abclocal says the viper crossed over into the truck's lane

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is this case my thought was wrong...........but it does happen.........thanks for the info............definitely drivers error or mechanical problem? RIP

the 2nd link from abclocal says the viper crossed over into the truck's lane

ViperCobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My deepest condolence :( ... Hopefully Not someone I know here in Cali East Bay :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper