Supercar Battle is On

tennis tom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Saw the show, ********** Viper didn't win it, but they were comparing apples to oranges. The 'vette had 25 more horse and that's all it took to be slightly faster. The engineers will always be tweaking to get a little more performance to beat the competition. On any given day, and all things being equal (which they never are) that's why they race. I'd do Pay-Per-View, to see a 2010 or an ACR rematch. And where was that hot-Hollywood buxom blond, that Tanner tooled for on his previous shows? Forget the cars, I'd like to drive her.

SR 27

Viper Owner
Reaction score
overall just makes me root more for Samuel Hubinette to go whip Tanner's little Chebby lubbing butt in this year's Drift Competition.

Hey BP, would you feel different towards Tanner if he was in the Dodge, or are you just a Chevy hater?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not a hater , just a lover -------------of Vipers.

Heh, gotta give props to the Hubinator since he is one hell of a driver and pedals Dodges.

Actually prefer the Z06 over the ZR1 -- but surprise , surprise I do like Vipers best.

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Read most of the Corvette forums posts from above, some good comments, and really not to much Viper bashing. Seems like a bunch of car nuts, just like our site, even some good arguments too:omg:

tennis tom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The problem was they picked the wrong color Viper. They should have used an SSG 'vert with black stripes like mine and it would have won.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I keep trying and trying to watch the vids to no avail

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they would have used SSG, SSG would have been so fast it would have blew a hole through Tanner's pants if he drove it.

Actually all this proves is that they are both awesome cars. As close as the numbers were, it comes down to driver, though the right gearing in both cars would have still made them as equal anyway. 600+ HP makes things pretty even and hides a lot of flaws on both sides.

Would love to have the ZR1 and a Ford GT in my garage next to my Viper. Some day! Some day! My book calls the comparison a tie. Compare it to the numbers of the old muscle car greats and see how far everything has come for the brands. of go back to 1992 and see how far both have come.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there an easy way to tell ? I would guess 2009 because this was taped and the 2010s came late ?

Stripes give it away. It didn't have the hideous new stripes so it was not a 2010.

Anyone that puts any stock in the results of this show probably buys their cars based on what they read in the rags as well. On paper the Vette should whip up on the Viper. It has more power, it's lighter, and has better gearing. I've driven both cars. Even with the carbon brakes on the Vette, I have to give the nod to the Viper brakes.

Real world has shown them to be pretty evenly matched so it's going to come down to driver ability. Anyone who's run the standing mile in a Gen4 knows how bad 5th gear *****. The 2010 5th gear is an improvement.

The ZR1 is a wonderful machine. Anyone who's driven the ZR1 and thinks otherwise is simply in denial.

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stripes give it away. It didn't have the hideous new stripes so it was not a 2010.

Duh ! Right... what was I thinking... :rolleyes:

The show pretty much says that you really can't pick one car over the other on performance. The deciding factors would be your priorities based on...

Comfort and practicality

Styling and exclusivity

Maybe brand loyalty

Refinement or Raw Performance

2 cars with very different personalities yet it seems that given the opportunity, most folks would like to have both unless you just plain hate on one or the other...

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you dont have to pic based on any of those...

Now I know we make lots of vette jokes here..But HONESTLY...When they were coming around that curve at the beginning and you saw the them from the front and the viper was paceing the ZR1 1 length behind it..

Didnt the 115K ZR1 look exactly like a regulat 50K vette????? Didnt it literally disapear right before your eyes????

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
..But HONESTLY...When they were coming around that curve at the beginning and you saw the them from the front and the viper was paceing the ZR1 1 length behind it..

Didnt the 115K ZR1 look exactly like a regulat 50K vette????? Didnt it literally disapear right before your eyes????

My first thought when I saw that was how the hell do people think these cars look the same? :confused: I hear that all the time.