Supercharge 06 coupe Vs 08 coupe

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets go one further with your figures BUT predicate the above on buying a preowned 08 low mile (not new )for say 67000

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stupid ,if the supercharger was the TRUE ANSWER then why did SRT not go in that direction on the GEN 4 ?(Reliability and Heatsoak )Team SRT in staying NA with the Gen 4 basically answered this question for all us.

"Stupid"...Simmer down, simmer down. :lmao::lmao:
The moderators will probably let that go because you are obviously desperate to defend your ..."statements".

You obviously don't have, know or understand the next level of power. If you did your main arguement wouldn't be "heat soak..." Keep reading this forum. There are some very intelligent people on here that will bring you up to speed. I thought we were talking about everyday driving. Now "TEAM SRT" is an example of everday drivers just because they race NA??? Don't they drive MODIFIED cars... The new corvette ZR1 is said to be the best corvette yet according to all the magazines. After your previous statements, I doubt you would know this but do you know one of the biggest reasons for all the noise over the "Greatest Corvette" ever? One hint, it's not the new drink holder...

How do you know that isn't the direction of SRT? Everything evolves. The rumor is that a blower or turbo Viper will be the finale... We'll see. The gen 4 has some revolutionary new mechanical characteristics. They are so new and advanced that the "powers that be" haven't had the time to develop these powermakers for the new 08 engine...yet. I'm sure they will. I'm sure that in the future the gen 4 will outperform the gen 3. Similar to the general evolution of the gen 2 to the gen 3.

We are talking about today, DEC. 2008. The fact is, a modified 06 will outperform an 08 period. As a matter of fact. I wouldn't hesitate to put an either of my 06 coupes up aganst an ACR. I say that after driving both.

"STUPID".. huh? Have you ever been to or made a statement like that on another Viper website called "Viper Alley". You should go over there. They love statements like that. I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms...

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets go one further with your figures BUT predicate the above on buying a preowned 08 low mile (not new )for say 67000

Great then we can do the same for the 06... $45k - 50. If you want to go with the one in a hundred $67k for an 08. I saw an o6 for $30K...

Next....

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait, the 06 has dirtier tires...:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You're right, the 08 is the smarter choice...

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To throw some more ointment in the mix.............and I love both supercharges cars as well as N/A cars. My experience with a built N/A car vs. a similar output Paxton car, is that the Paxton cars tend to be slower in the qtr. (time wise). Same comparo. with a Roe car and the results tend to be different. I'd say either car would be a whole lot of fun, I like to tinker so a Paxton car would be fun to experiment with. On the other hand if reliabillity were paramount and you were'nt into wrenching the '08+ is probably the better choice. I'll take one of each and report my scientific results as well as testosterone infleunced results. UHHHHHHH anyone want to line me up a few cars for this long term report? Cerberus, how about using some of that bailout money in a responsible fashion, like giving me a couple of cars!

cobrapilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 08 "gas pedal by wire" is still the one issue that the SC 06 will never have. It's just a stupid system and unfortunately takes fun away from the car.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stupid ,if the supercharger was the TRUE ANSWER then why did SRT not go in that direction on the GEN 4 ?(Reliability and Heatsoak )Team SRT in staying NA with the Gen 4 basically answered this question for all us.
TREESNAKE ,iam so sorry -please forgive me (the doorbell was ringing and a million things were going on at once )The above being said i forgot to put the word QUESTION in the sentence. Stupid question ,if the supercharger was the TRUE ANSWER then why did SRT not go in that direction on the Gen 4? ONCE AGAIN TREESNAKE Iam sorry MY ERROR

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Stupid"...Simmer down, simmer down. :lmao::lmao:
The moderators will probably let that go because you are obviously desperate to defend your ..."statements".

You obviously don't have, know or understand the next level of power. If you did your main arguement wouldn't be "heat soak..." Keep reading this forum. There are some very intelligent people on here that will bring you up to speed. I thought we were talking about everyday driving. Now "TEAM SRT" is an example of everday drivers just because they race NA??? Don't they drive MODIFIED cars... The new corvette ZR1 is said to be the best corvette yet according to all the magazines. After your previous statements, I doubt you would know this but do you know one of the biggest reasons for all the noise over the "Greatest Corvette" ever? One hint, it's not the new drink holder...

How do you know that isn't the direction of SRT? Everything evolves. The rumor is that a blower or turbo Viper will be the finale... We'll see. The gen 4 has some revolutionary new mechanical characteristics. They are so new and advanced that the "powers that be" haven't had the time to develop these powermakers for the new 08 engine...yet. I'm sure they will. I'm sure that in the future the gen 4 will outperform the gen 3. Similar to the general evolution of the gen 2 to the gen 3.

We are talking about today, DEC. 2008. The fact is, a modified 06 will outperform an 08 period. As a matter of fact. I wouldn't hesitate to put an either of my 06 coupes up aganst an ACR. I say that after driving both.

"STUPID".. huh? Have you ever been to or made a statement like that on another Viper website called "Viper Alley". You should go over there. They love statements like that. I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms...
Snake once again sorry for the above no harm intended .Back to the topic.It would have been much cheaper and easyier to simply adapt a blower to the Gen 3 yet SRT went in another direction for a reason (the decision to evolve this way came about after TESTING EVERY Supercharger system out there and i know this for a fact thru my relationship with the mags ).Dodge knows ALOT of Viper owners race these cars and STREET RUN THEM EXTREMELY HARD IN HOT WEATHER .Yes as you stated a stock Paxton Kit will outperform a stock 08( not by much but it still will outpreform it) BUT it can not come within a mile of the Gen 4 when it comes to reliability and that was one the reasons the motor evolved this way.(As i previousl mentioned a Gen 4 can run for days at near redline on the dyno .No blower system tested could come near half of that )Another was heatsoak.Last July my buddys supercharged Viper lost 87 hp to the tires on his 3rd pull in the row .(he now is spending thousands of dollars on an upgraded intercooler .This guy runs his car at Pocono Hard besides the HP loss the air inlet temps are too high )Alot of Ford GT owners who roadrace either go NAT ASPERATED OR SWITHCH TO TWIN TURBO due to heatsoak. We are debating a topic that SRT answered for us when they stayed NA for the 4 Gen .To me at least they are the ultimate Viper authority.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS A supercharger is used on the new ZR-1 BECAUSE (just like Ford did with the Gt )its much easyier and cheaper to take an existing engine platform and supercharge it than create an entirely new engine thats NAT ASPERATED.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 08 "gas pedal by wire" is still the one issue that the SC 06 will never have. It's just a stupid system and unfortunately takes fun away from the car.

You just don't realize how lazy the response is until you get back in the old car. For the street it is ok,but at the Drag Strip "you never know what you are going to get" (Forrest). Just a little sloooow, uuuh huh.

OP
OP
S

salties

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok , I'm just going to keep my 06 coupe for now until ......my wife gets DD.

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To throw some more ointment in the mix.............and I love both supercharges cars as well as N/A cars. My experience with a built N/A car vs. a similar output Paxton car, is that the Paxton cars tend to be slower in the qtr. (time wise). Same comparo. with a Roe car and the results tend to be different. I'd say either car would be a whole lot of fun, I like to tinker so a Paxton car would be fun to experiment with. On the other hand if reliabillity were paramount and you were'nt into wrenching the '08+ is probably the better choice. I'll take one of each and report my scientific results as well as testosterone infleunced results. UHHHHHHH anyone want to line me up a few cars for this long term report? Cerberus, how about using some of that bailout money in a responsible fashion, like giving me a couple of cars!

Thats exactly right!! A Roe supercharger is just adding positive displacement ie. a bigger motor.... The paxton is a centrifigal or "turbo" like supercharger that builds boost with rpm... The paxton is more top speed and freeway and the Roe or bigger motor is more quartermile time. I use to smoke guys in my old Roe car in the quarter then get pulled ******* the freeway... just 2 different beasts!! :dunno:

Same thing with the 08.... close quartermile times but a whoopin on the road in 3rd gear plus!! anyways.. like I said... get what makes you happy and what your pocket book can afford!!
:D

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bro... stop trying to just ***** your sale by posting this crap!!! Everything you post is about buying a pre-owned 08.... hmmmmm... wonder why
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bro... stop trying to just ***** your sale by posting this crap!!! Everything you post is about buying a pre-owned 08.... hmmmmm... wonder why
:lmao::lmao::lmao:
My car aside if that makes you feel better used 08s are available(ALL OVER THE PLACE ) for the cost of buying an equivalant low mile 06 and adding a STOCK Paxton ,Motons and Ps-2s.My sale is not the topic of this thread the topic of the thread is is what to buy and why .

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats exactly right!! A Roe supercharger is just adding positive displacement ie. a bigger motor.... The paxton is a centrifigal or "turbo" like supercharger that builds boost with rpm... The paxton is more top speed and freeway and the Roe or bigger motor is more quartermile time. I use to smoke guys in my old Roe car in the quarter then get pulled ******* the freeway... just 2 different beasts!! :dunno:

Same thing with the 08.... close quartermile times but a whoopin on the road in 3rd gear plus!! anyways.. like I said... get what makes you happy and what your pocket book can afford!!
:D
A Paxton is also INTERCOOLED a fact that you left out which could be a determining factor as to purchase.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ERIC, if your monitering this thred your getting a good laugh right now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang