Supersonic Viper & Tomahawk on Automaniac

viperct2001

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My "Tivo-like" PC (Windows Media Center) recorded a History channel show called AutoManiac titled "Ridiculously Large Engines" and hosted by Bill Goldberg (of WCW wrestling fame). It was a pretty cool show. They showed the Tomahawk motorcycle and flashed to a Gen III Red Viper for "context" of the engine used. Thr show also had some super-huge engines - including a 900+ cubic inch engine and a tank engine put into a car. Jay Leno bought one of the super-sized cards.

Here's the description:

Pushing limits...knocking down barriers...seeing just how far they can go. That's what the innovative builders and mechanics featured in this episode all share. Whether it's a jet-powered fire truck, a 500-HP Dodge Tomahawk Concept Motorcycle, or a 2004 Dodge Viper fitted with a supersonic engine, all of these vehicles were created with one goal in mind--mind-numbing speed! So ******** your seatbelts and get ready to race in some of the most powerful vehicles ever created. TVPG

here's the site with the desc: http://www.historychannel.com/automaniac/?page=archive

Only thing is, I DIDN'T SEE a 2004 Viper fitted with a SUPERSONIC engine on this show. Did I accidentally fast forard past it? I have it recorded if anyone is interested I guess i could encode portions of it and upload it somewhere. Of course the only portion with the Viper is the Tomahawk section with a 1 sec clip of the Viper.

The whole show is cool and I'd encode the whole thing, but probably would be >500mb.

Anyone else see the show and see a supersonic Viper?

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm seems like they changed there text to something else now.

Pushing limits...knocking down barriers...seeing just how far they can go. That's what the innovative builders and mechanics featured in this episode all share. Whether it's a jet-powered fire truck, a 500-HP Dodge Tomahawk Concept Motorcycle, or a roadster with an M-47 Patton tank engine, all of these vehicles were created with one goal in mind--mind-numbing speed! So ******** your seatbelts and get ready to race in some of the most powerful vehicles ever created. TVPG L

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did they ever find anyone to get up to some speed on that tomahawk m.c.? I guess that bike was pretty squirrelly at low speeds and the guys with the big balls (Doug Levin and I) were both busy at that time. :headbang:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did they ever find anyone to get up to some speed on that tomahawk m.c.? I guess that bike was pretty squirrelly at low speeds and the guys with the big balls (Doug Levin and I) were both busy at that time. :headbang:

I hear Dodge didn't have the bike certified for the road. They are sold as "movable" art, and not intended for actual riding (lawyer-speak for "don't sue our ass when you DIE from this crazy concept")... but what a way to go! :2tu: