Supply and ground for ECU in a 1996 GTS?

eckeph

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already posted this over at the AEM forums but nobody answered my question so I though I would try my luck here :)

We have a AEM EMS 30-1500 (pnp) that I'm going to install.

Can anyone tell me which pins on the 30-1500 that I need to connect to +12 and which needs to be connected to ground? It should be pretty straight forward, having read the installation instructions and all, but one thing puzzled me - Pin A2 that says "Fused Ignition Switch Output" I'm guessing this is the input for the ignition switch used to turn the EMS on. The question is why it says "Output" in the descriptive text but then it says "Input" in the column that decribes the I/O type? Is that just a typo or have I missed something here? Since I never installed one of these before and the discrepancy I just described i thought it best to ask before blowing anything up :)

I have the stock harness (or most of it) but since the rest of the car have been stripped I will need to redo all the wiring from scratch. Btw, this is a Super Stock Dragracer so I don't have to worry about anything besides getting the engine running. A/C and generator is removed. Fuel pump, water pump and fan is separate circuits. All other electronics is already taken care of.

So, what I already have figured out as far as I can tell is:
A2 = 12v (ignition switch)
A22 = 12v (permanent feed)
A31 = Ground
A32 = Ground

Is the above correct? Are there any other pins I need to connect to either +12v or ground?

Btw, the project is described here: http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/649249-GTS-Viper-built-for-Super-Stock-Drag-Racing-(NHRA)

OP
OP
E

eckeph

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Starting to connect the wires tomorrow morning. Would be sweet if someone could stop me if I'm wrong! :)

OP
OP
E

eckeph

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Btw, you can discard the fact that it's AEM electronics (if that's whats holding you back:)). Since it's plug and play the connectors are exactly the same as a stock ECU.

No one with experience of working with the engine electronics that can offer any advice?

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard John reed's( owns a shop in OR) name multiple times when discussing AEM installs and such on the Vipers...he has a website and might be worth giving him a call. Never delt with him so I don't know if he's will to help without you buying something from him. Good luck.

moparracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard John reed's( owns a shop in OR) name multiple times when discussing AEM installs and such on the Vipers...he has a website and might be worth giving him a call. Never delt with him so I don't know if he's will to help without you buying something from him. Good luck.
it might be :

http://www.tunedbypsi.com/index.php

if not, they would know how to get hold of john reed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang