SVS rear mounted single turbo kit on a Viper GenII

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have been working on a less expensive turbo system for the Viper and came up with a very simple solution that has great potential.

So far on the 98 Gen II stock engine we have made 575rwhp and 650rwtq @ 7psi with no intercooler. Air inlet temps on full out 4th gear runs on the road were 115-120 degrees. We are working on an intercooler and will be increasing the boost for even more power out of this simple kit.

This system can be run by whatever engine management you choose. Motec, AEM, VecII, Split second. You will be able to purchase it with our fuel system or you can use or purchase your own. We will have recommended fuel system guidelines. We can install a similar kit on a Gen I and will be developing another system on an SRT-10.

The system on this current Gen II is being managed by Motec and has traction/boost/launch control set and is ready to be tested. Our plans are to place an intercooler in the system, raise the boost and finish the project. When the system is completed we should be close to 700rwhp and 800rwtq on the stock engine. The current turbo is capable of 15psi (we plan on running 12psi at the most) and the alternate is capable of 25+psi

I will be working up pricing over the next couple days and when finished we should be close to half as much as the starting prices of a twin system, and that’s including a Motec.

The cool part of the system right now is that when you open the hood you don’t see anything that resembles a turbo system. The stock air box and tubes are still in place. Very stealthy. Comes in from underneath the stock air box.

We are still building monster turbo kits and just wanted to develop something that is more reasonable with great potential :2tu:

more to come......

smoothing turned off completely

You must be registered for see images

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds cool. When will there be pictures of the system? Also how much does it stick out of the bottom. I actually like the look of it all in the engine bay but i guess if you were going to a stealth look this would be the way to go.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how much? THis is a great alternative and the split second piggy back should handle the tuning as only 150 Hp increase. Are you going to do anything with the fuel supply?

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Zero lag :2tu:

I was able to power through corners and keep in total control of the car. Very similar feeling to N/A. In a straight line it makes it to 7psi very fast yet very smooth.

Once we test the traction control it will improve even more through the corners.

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how much? THis is a great alternative and the split second piggy back should handle the tuning as only 150 Hp increase. Are you going to do anything with the fuel supply?

I'm planning to get most of everything priced and have pics by next week. The holiday takes away some time trying to get it all done this weekend.

The single kit by itself without an intercooler and with the fuel upgrades should be close if not less than 8k. The power and potential of this kit is enormous and you won't need water/methanol injection or NOS in the future while upgrading to make big power.

Utilizing a cost effective EMS is available for DIY tuners.

The advantage to adding a Motec or AEM is that you can realize all things needed in one package. Their growth potential is much greater down the road if you plan to keep upgrading your system, and we know that everyone keeps doing that :2tu: They will run your engine precisely, have built in compensation so you don't have to worry about different elevations or weather conditions. You can utilize traction/boost/launch control and much, much more.

I have a great deal to organize and will be working on it, but right now I have to go out and give some rides :D

jgfurr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How far back does it mount? If it's near the back of the car, how do you do the plumbing for the Gen1 (sidepipes)?

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure you will have to use a rear exit exhaust. No way to bing the exhaust togather anywhere else. You will need gen 2 side covers

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this anything like the http://www.ststurbo.com/ system?

Can you squeeze a twin turbo into the muffler bay of a GTS? I hope there's no Viper Tax.

Yes we are a dealer in the Midwest and are happy with the results of the system.

We have mounted a single turbo system on a GTS GenII and are working out the details to complete a system on an SRT-10.

I will have pricing and pics next week. Cost will be comparable to a Roe or Paxton.

Go Fast For Life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron,

Great job! I missed visiting your shop last time I was in Chicago. Next time I will definitely stop by. I look forward to your progress. Please keep us updated.

Ron

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I have an STS Rear mount turbo on (don't kill me) a 99 LS1 F-body. Macedo is the STS Dealer in Central Florida. I have the wrong heads, the wrong cam, no intercooler and cast pistons, but I forced him to put it on the car anyway. Efficient or not the car is a hoot to drive. I have the GT67 Garret turbo, at 4 PSI I make 475 rwhp and 460 rwtq. Larry is making a front mount intercooler for the car then we are going to 7 PSI, with 4 PSI at the manifold we picked up about 80 HP and 90 lbs of Tq, that was with pulling out a lot of timing and adding a lot fuel. I love my Roe supercharger, but I may have to look at this next for the Viper. The sound is killer, confuses all the ricers when they hear the waste gate at the back of the car and then I disappear. I have way over 1000 miles on the Chevy, no problems. Oh, the car runs very cool, no heat problems, like if the turbos were under the hood. Drove it in a down pour today no problems with the rain. Car drives like it is stock. The power comes on at 3700-3800 rpm, feels like a 100 shot of nitrous.

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron,

Great job! I missed visiting your shop last time I was in Chicago. Next time I will definitely stop by. I look forward to your progress. Please keep us updated.

Ron

Please stop in anytime when you're in town. Lots of cool stuff and different projects to check out, and always free stuff for the kids :2tu:

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an STS Rear mount turbo on (don't kill me) a 99 LS1 F-body. Macedo is the STS Dealer in Central Florida. I have the wrong heads, the wrong cam, no intercooler and cast pistons, but I forced him to put it on the car anyway. Efficient or not the car is a hoot to drive. I have the GT67 Garret turbo, at 4 PSI I make 475 rwhp and 460 rwtq. Larry is making a front mount intercooler for the car then we are going to 7 PSI, with 4 PSI at the manifold we picked up about 80 HP and 90 lbs of Tq, that was with pulling out a lot of timing and adding a lot fuel. I love my Roe supercharger, but I may have to look at this next for the Viper. The sound is killer, confuses all the ricers when they hear the waste gate at the back of the car and then I disappear. I have way over 1000 miles on the Chevy, no problems. Oh, the car runs very cool, no heat problems, like if the turbos were under the hood. Drove it in a down pour today no problems with the rain. Car drives like it is stock. The power comes on at 3700-3800 rpm, feels like a 100 shot of nitrous.

John,

This is great info and sounds like you're enjoying it :2tu: I know that you and Larry would be very excited with the results after placing one on a Viper :cool:

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a link to some pictures of the STS rear mount kit that SVS produced for the Viper Gen II.

SVS rear mount turbo - Gen II

I haven't finished pricing yet but we can see the system with an intercooler and without a fuel system ending up around 6K. maybe a little more. All the fittings and lines are high quality.

Just wanted to get some pictures out there for the consumers that might be interested in an entry level turbo system.

I will have the turbo system, fuel system and Motec pricing shortly.

The car is a blast to drive and the T, B, L, control will be finished very soon also.

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS67 with a .96 A/R

We finished the traction control and it works awesome. Once we put somemore power to the ground we will finish the boost and launch control. :2tu:

Irid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron,

Thanks for pushing dev in this area. For me, the thing which would make the base kit really compelling would be a remapped factory ECU matched for a specific boost level and setup for a stock car (with upgraded injectors). The MOTEC would be reserved for people with extensive mods and custom fueling needs, while the base kit essentially comes with a "chip" but without the expense of extra fuel management hardware. And the remapped factory ECU would be an exceptionally "clean" fire-and-forget solution.

Everone should have solid fueling. I think that's part of why the ROE setup is doing so well as an end-user bolt on while the Paxton (GenII) setup hasn't(as it requires an experienced tuner to dial in a proper solution).

Good luck. Keep us posted. Post video of the dyno pulls!
:2tu:

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron,

Thanks for pushing dev in this area. For me, the thing which would make the base kit really compelling would be a remapped factory ECU matched for a specific boost level and setup for a stock car (with upgraded injectors). The MOTEC would be reserved for people with extensive mods and custom fueling needs, while the base kit essentially comes with a "chip" but without the expense of extra fuel management hardware. And the remapped factory ECU would be an exceptionally "clean" fire-and-forget solution.

Do you know anyone in computers at Dodge that would like to take care of this little issue :D

I bellieve the VEC2 is the best cost effective solution for an EMS

Good luck. Keep us posted. Post video of the dyno pulls!

Thank you. I will. The first videos of the rear mount turbo at the dyno look like an MTv video earthquake. I will make sure that the video is presentable the next time we dyno the RMTS. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas