SVS short shifter- group buy

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you ever put a B&M or SVS in your car you'll never go back (haven't ever tried the Hurst). SVS in my '06 coupe seems very similiar to B&M in my Gen I and Gen II, happy with either. I think most would agree stock feels sloppy and has very long throws.

GTSPOWERED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed mine (SVS) in around 2 hours start to finish from the bottom. Very easy mod. I have not driven it because the winter is here in NW Ohio.

OP
OP
P

phoenix1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I had my installed. A little disappointed as not a great difference between stock. What I did notice was a not so floppy or flimsy shift between gears. A more solid feel, but expected or hoped for a significant shorter shift between gears. I used the stock knob which drops the height by 1 inch. Was worried about going to low and have problems with shifting into reverse. I'm going to order the MGW standard gripper shifter knob which should drop it down another 2 inches. I might add that I'm really impressed with the MGW quality, price, and service. My 2 sons purchased the 4 chrome gauge rings from MGW which look great, fit great, and delivered ASAP. I was so impressed that I purchased the chrome drink holder ring, and chrome bezel. It really dresses up the interior. Next items from MGW are the radio knob, AC rings, and chrome license plate holder. I was worried about the chrome clashing or looking out of place with the pearl bright door handles. It doesn't!

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably impossible fo make the linkage/tranmission feel world class in a viper. but, after you drive your set up for awhile you will really see how sloppy the stock set up feels if you drive or buy another viper. Dropping the shifter lower may get you the desired result, throws will be much shorter but you definately will need to switch the bezel as you have. Agree MGW parts are great, really made the guages stand out

SilverMamba189/200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the 2" lower one for my 2005 and it works great. The lower model reduces the the throw of the shifter and you don't need a new knob or bezel. I highly recommend you get one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960