SVS Viper TTRS -Vid- Worlds Fastest Production Vehicle in the Standing Mile

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
awesome! congratulations on your accomplishments! i am guessing when you go to mirages 1.3 mile track in cali that you will get close to your bonneville record of 246 mph assuming you can get the tranny to take 17 psi. whats the elevation at mirage and will you be runnin on pavement or the dirt lake bed? if its the dirt lake bed the launch is gonna way cut down on your ability to generate maximum speed.

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
awesome! congratulations on your accomplishments! i am guessing when you go to mirages 1.3 mile track in cali that you will get close to your bonneville record of 246 mph assuming you can get the tranny to take 17 psi. whats the elevation at mirage and will you be runnin on pavement or the dirt lake bed? if its the dirt lake bed the launch is gonna way cut down on your ability to generate maximum speed.

We haven't ran on a dry lake bed and not really sure what the traction will offer us. Somewhere inbetween the Salt and the pavement?? Once you get going 220+ by the mile you'll then cover that next .3 of a mile in about 4-5 seconds. I don't think you'll have the same load against the trans when on the dirt as you would on the pavement. SOme slip will most likely occur but when that happens you also loose traction. It'll be fun to find out and I would love to do 247 in 1.3 miles :cool:

I know you keep asking about our set up, gearing, etc. and I don't give you the answers. It wouldn't be fair to our customers who are planning to run the same or better results.

If you ship your car to SVS and want to build it to do this kind of racing then you'll find out the answers you're looking for ;)

:usa:

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if i ever wanted a turbo on my viper i would absolutely send it you guys. obviously SVS turbo systems are the best! turbo systems that do more than just win dyno shootouts. turbo systems that set world records at major racing events throughout the USA.

ZX12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice video! I bet it was scary when the tranny popped! How did the car react?

I just wanted to get more info on the statement "world's fastest full body production vehicle", since I'm sure the bike racers will be wondering what your definition of "full body production vehicle" is. Several Busas have gone faster than 219 mph at Maxton and Texas Mile, and the Busa is the fastest at Maxton to date (and is street driven). A Busa is also the fastest production vehicle at Texas Mile, at 251 mph (only thing faster is a an AA Blown Fuel Lakester, at 257 mph, which is definitely not a production vehicle). These Busas look essentially stock from the outside, no streamliner fairings are used. Also, the stock Busa is still in production for the mass market. I'd like to hear your thoughts...

Viper TT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if i ever wanted a turbo on my viper i would absolutely send it you guys. obviously SVS turbo systems are the best! turbo systems that do more than just win dyno shootouts. turbo systems that set world records at major racing events throughout the USA.

good post fast freddy. i agree. total package is what it is all about.

KMODStang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: SVS Viper TTRS -Vid- Worlds Fastest Production Vehicle in the Standing

Very sick!!! Why does the car weigh so much? How much does a stock viper weigh? What else does it have besides a cage?

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice video! I bet it was scary when the tranny popped! How did the car react?

I just wanted to get more info on the statement "world's fastest full body production vehicle", since I'm sure the bike racers will be wondering what your definition of "full body production vehicle" is. Several Busas have gone faster than 219 mph at Maxton and Texas Mile, and the Busa is the fastest at Maxton to date (and is street driven). A Busa is also the fastest production vehicle at Texas Mile, at 251 mph (only thing faster is a an AA Blown Fuel Lakester, at 257 mph, which is definitely not a production vehicle). These Busas look essentially stock from the outside, no streamliner fairings are used. Also, the stock Busa is still in production for the mass market. I'd like to hear your thoughts...

No disrepect to you guys but I'm not really sure how this turned into a car vs. bike thing???

The word vehicle in my mind was related to a CAR, not a motorcycle.

My thoughts are a full body production "car vehicle" (4 wheels production vehicle) not a production motorcycle. Next time I'll add the words "CAR"

ALSO, NOT a purpose built race car like the Competition Coupe OR the Nascar like Freiburger ran last year which is a purpose built tube frame chassis racing vehicle.

I've known the bikes have went those speeds a long time ago and ultimately they deserve the respect for the 1 mile speeds they have attained. I don't take anything away from that. I'm not out to play the discredit game against any bikes or try to take anything away from anyone racing bikes at any sanctioned events or whatever. I used to run GTSR's a long time ago when they were boxed, dual round headlights. In the late 80's I used to go out and run 200+ on the highways late at night by myself. If I was a little younger I would be chasing that 257 mph record on a bike and hold both of these records: production vehicle and production motorcycle :D After I garnished a collection of fairings on the walls of my garage I stopped riding fast bikes and bought a Harley. I then traded my Harley to learn how to race cars......

You asked me my thoughts, there are a few, maybe too many...

What are your thoughts?

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: SVS Viper TTRS -Vid- Worlds Fastest Production Vehicle in the Standing

Very sick!!! Why does the car weigh so much? How much does a stock viper weigh? What else does it have besides a cage?

We added quite a bit of ballast. There's a picture over on the alley of the back trunk area with 10 50lb lead wafers. That's just in the rear :D

There's more ballast and cage, solid steel half shafts, turbo system, safety etc. etc.

It all adds up quick........just like prices when you want to do mods to your car.

ZX12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[quote
No disrepect to you guys but I'm not really sure how this turned into a car vs. bike thing???

The word vehicle in my mind was related to a CAR, not a motorcycle.

My thoughts are a full body production "car vehicle" (4 wheels production vehicle) not a production motorcycle. Next time I'll add the words "CAR"

ALSO, NOT a purpose built race car like the Competition Coupe OR the Nascar like Freiburger ran last year which is a purpose built tube frame chassis racing vehicle.

I've known the bikes have went those speeds a long time ago and ultimately they deserve the respect for the 1 mile speeds they have attained. I don't take anything away from that. I'm not out to play the discredit game against any bikes or try to take anything away from anyone racing bikes at any sanctioned events or whatever. I used to run GTSR's a long time ago when they were boxed, dual round headlights. In the late 80's I used to go out and run 200+ on the highways late at night by myself. If I was a little younger I would be chasing that 257 mph record on a bike and hold both of these records: production vehicle and production motorcycle :D After I garnished a collection of fairings on the walls of my garage I stopped riding fast bikes and bought a Harley. I then traded my Harley to learn how to race cars......

You asked me my thoughts, there are a few, maybe too many...

What are your thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for replying! I was just looking for clarification, since some of my biker friends were arguing that Busas were fastest vehicles in the mile. As I'm sure you already know, biker guys can get a little competitive, especially when cars are running at similar/faster speeds, and world records are at stake!

I didn't want to start a car-bike war, but in the end, the fastest cars and fastest bikes will always be competing with each other, and this pushes both groups to greater levels. I'm a fan of all fast vehicles, so I try to look at things objectively. You've seen how excited Viper drivers get when they outrun the mighty Busa!

I respect your car, your team and the records you've accomplished. You're at the leading edge of performance, and I know you'll be setting more records. Good luck, and be safe at El Mirage! 257 mph is within your reach!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery