Sweden & Superchargers

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting Sean's e-mail Kenny.

Jerome & Hugh, on the Krankvent valves, would you use one on each valve cover and connect them to the airbox like the stock breathers, or how exactly would they be installed?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean:

Looking forward to installing your new VEC-2!
From day 1...you (and your better half) have been nothing but TRUE PROFESSIONALS and a COMPLETE PLEASURE to deal and do business with!

Congratulations on the fruition of your remarkable effort, and thank you for always remaining "one of us"!
patriotx.gif
driving.gif
patriotx.gif

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedGTS:
Thanks for posting Sean's e-mail Kenny.

Jerome & Hugh, on the Krankvent valves, would you use one on each valve cover and connect them to the airbox like the stock breathers, or how exactly would they be installed?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Krankvent website suggests to connect one to each valve
cover vent. So the passenger side PVC valve is replaced with
a vent and then connected back to the intake - This is where I
would differ - My thought would be to add the Krankvent to
each valve cover with a mini-filter on each vented to the atmosphere - then the
intake could be plugged and sealed. I'm sure there could
be other variations, but the basics would be the same -
vent on each valve cover, and then make sure the oil dipstick
is modified to seal- air tight
Hugh Perkins 96 RT Black/Blue Stripes

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by HP on 01-05-2003 at 01:21 AM</font>

S

SUN RA KAT

I've checked several times and my oil dipstick was always all the way down like it's supposed to be with no creep upwards when I was having crankcase blow by. All the other checkable things under the hood were always tight, too (power steeering, brake, radiator overflow, & windshield washer fluid).

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SUN RA KAT:
I've checked several times and my oil dipstick was always all the way down like it's supposed to be with no creep upwards when I was having crankcase blow by. All the other checkable things under the hood were always tight, too (power steeering, brake, radiator overflow, & windshield washer fluid).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kenny, if you've followed Sean's suggestion, and continue
to watch your gaskets and seals for evidence of oil leaks,
you're probably ok. Also keep in touch with other S/C owners
and share feedback. The Krankvent is not the only solution in your case, - My background with using it is limited to V-TWIN
motorcycles and in that situation it is the ONLY REAL SOLUTION.
but in that case you have 2 huge pistons creating major + & -
pulses and almost NO crankcase air reservoir, so it is a more
extreme condition. The main concern with a forced induction motor is the ability of the PCV valve to function under high intake pressure - it's a $2.00 part - it can't.

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just remembered something about the VEC2 and it's software that I neglected to mention.

Once you have the software, you'll be able to send and receive new fuel and timing curves by e-mail using file attachments. You can open the file in the VEC2 software and load it into the car via serial cable. Could make for some interesting tuning discussions.

Sean

S

SUN RA KAT

Now I'm either going to have to get 50 feet of extension cable or "borrow" my wife's laptop.

A-Vipering I'm A-Going in my Roe Supercharged Viper!

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Could make for some interesting tuning discussions.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Hey Sean, could you e-mail me 40 horsepower and 50 foot pounds of torque."

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As wild as that sounds, you could easily do that.

I can se it now.
"Hey Sean, I'm going to the track tomorrow night and will be running 100 ocatne with Nos. Can you e-mail me a degree of timing advance and a little more fuel on the above 5,000 rpm?"

Though that scenario is possible, swiping a card through the VEC2 easier.

Sean

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Sean Roe on 01-11-2003 at 08:36 AM</font>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude