Sweet Ride Part III (With Pictures)

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I once started a thread called "Sweet Ride Redux" or something like that... I intended to post pictures of what I was having done to my car paint/body wise. However, I never got around to it because I'm a slacker. :rolleyes:

Anyway, over the past few months, I have finally gotten everything done to the car that I wanted to, so what better time to post up some pics?

For your consumption... (Skip to the end for the best one)

For reference, this is what she looked like the day I brought her home:

Mostly stock except for some tape stripes.
SNV13943.JPG

Here is the 2nd incarnation:

Black w/Red Pearl Stripes and Fuel Cap, Smoked Lenses all around.
100_1784.JPG

Some interior work:

Red Stitching on Seats, E-Brake Handle, and Shifter Boot.
2010_05_22_4493.JPG

Suede covered dash and visors, Limo Tint, and Red Trim Rings/Misc.
2010_05_22_4506.JPG

Engine painted:

2010_05_22_4513.JPG

And the first Pro Picture:

Black Powder Coated 10 Spokes with Red Outline and HID Lights.
Pro_Viper_Photo.jpg

Masterpiece Complete!

More Pro Pics to come!!!

:D

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lookin good. Didn't realize that you covered the dash with suede. Is it fading or holding up well? I'd enjoy seeing more dash pics.

Ted

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry but it looks like that car is in need of a detail badly. Or the picture quality isn't that great (last pic).

OP
OP
S

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lookin good. Didn't realize that you covered the dash with suede. Is it fading or holding up well? I'd enjoy seeing more dash pics.

Ted

The dash is holding up well so far. That being said, I've only had it in the car for about 2 months. I'll post up some more pics.

Mean looking car! Me like!

Thanks!

I'm sorry but it looks like that car is in need of a detail badly. Or the picture quality isn't that great (last pic).

Car was detailed the morning that picture was taken. This specific picture is not at full resolution and I can see a number of anomoloies in the photo that make the car look "dirty."

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
those black 10spokes really set it off
I was thinking as I scrolled down, Man that thing needs some black rims
and I get to the end, and perfection
great job!

OP
OP
S

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, that car looks mean!

Car has a very sinister look on the last picture. Great job!

Car looks great.. I like the look.... great wheels

those black 10spokes really set it off
I was thinking as I scrolled down, Man that thing needs some black rims
and I get to the end, and perfection
great job!

:2tu: Very, very Nice!!!

Very nice transformation!!

Thank you all! Glad you like it!!!

We'll see how the opinion changes when I post more pics of the interior... ;)

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I really love those rims. Makes the car look very aggressive. Only thing I do not like is using Fangs on a Gen I/II viper; however, it does not look bad. Looks like you are having fun with your Viper and you are enjoying it and that is all that really should matter. Enjoy my friend!

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is one mean looking car! great job.

I also would like to see pics of the suede dash.
who did it? etc.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice to see you finally put some rubber on those rims! Did you do the Nitto NT-05s? Too bad it is 110F here and Vipers are not so fun. I haven't seen you buzz by my office in a long time. What did you do for black lug nuts and center caps? BTW, perfect wheel gap IMHO.

Pro_Viper_Photo.jpg

OP
OP
S

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:lmao:

(I've hammered that to him and been obnoxious about it!)

Literally. Every chance he had, he took. Glad I took the advice. Any other way would have looked hokey.

must...see...dashboard...love...suede...self control...checkbook...mortgage...

pics please :)

Okay!!! I'll help you spend that mortgage $$$.

Check out the pics here (not professional by any means):

Tom Rendahl's Photos - Old Viper. New Interior! | Facebook

You don't have to have a Facebook account to check 'em out.

Yes, you are a slacker! :lmao:

Hate to say, but it does look, umm, OK. I guess! ;)

Nice job bro! Love the black rims!

Looks "OK"??? Coming from you, I'll take it!!! And thanks!

WOW... Looks great.

Thank you!

Looks Great, makes me miss my GTS. BTW, you have a GREAT Gov. Support her 100 % :usa: :usa: :usa:

Thanks! Totally agree on the Gov. All of the speed cameras on the freeways are being idled next week because of her. Woo! I heard something about a new immigration policy too... :D

I really love those rims. Makes the car look very aggressive. Only thing I do not like is using Fangs on a Gen I/II viper; however, it does not look bad. Looks like you are having fun with your Viper and you are enjoying it and that is all that really should matter. Enjoy my friend!

The rims really completed it as far as I'm concerned. I'm with you on the Fangs thing. The interior guy screwed up and I really just wanted the car back, so I accepted it as is. I stripped the car of almost all the other badges, so Fangs kind of works for me in this instance. Love my Viper and am enjoying every minute of it!!!

That is one mean looking car! great job.

I also would like to see pics of the suede dash.
who did it? etc.

Thank you! Check out the Facebook link I added above for the dash pics.

Nice to see you finally put some rubber on those rims! Did you do the Nitto NT-05s? Too bad it is 110F here and Vipers are not so fun. I haven't seen you buzz by my office in a long time. What did you do for black lug nuts and center caps? BTW, perfect wheel gap IMHO.

Couldn't agree more! I actually went with run crap Michelins. I got a smoking deal on them and couldn't pass it up just so I could get the car on the road. About a week after I got them mounted, I found out the Kumho's were available again. DOH! 110 is nothing! Still drive it daily. Only have a two mile drive to work though... You still working in Tempe? I buzz by that place periodically. I should roll by on a lunch break so you can see it in person. For lug nuts, I'm using the stockers off the OEM wheels. I had 'em painted black. I'm currently without center caps. A little black paint on the hubs makes it look okay. I just can't justify $200 for a set of four center caps.

Car looks great, nice job.

Thanks!

Agreed on all accounts, Job well done !!

Thank you as well!

How did you smoke the lenses? Did you use spray or vinyl?
Thanks
Car looks wicked.

Thanks! I had all the lenses (front and rear) sprayed. I have a vinyl clear bra on the fascia, hood, mirrors, and lenses as well.

Check out more professional photos here:

Tom Rendahl's Photos - Viper Photo Shoot #1 | Facebook

Just a reminder that you don't have to have a Facebook account to see them. It's just easier to upload them to one website rather than two. :2tu:

Last edited:

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Final phase is not too shabby at all! The seats keep make me wanting to yellow stitch my seats. If/when my seat where out thats what I'll do, all fresh black leather with yellow stitching.

OP
OP
S

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Final phase is not too shabby at all! The seats keep make me wanting to yellow stitch my seats. If/when my seat where out thats what I'll do, all fresh black leather with yellow stitching.

Thanks!

Go for it! I had to do something to jazz up the interior. It was just too boring in stock form. The stitching is a subtle touch that really sets it apart from all the rest.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang