Tach, Speedo, Gauges stop working

vertigo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 03 has been sitting outside under cover here in south Florida for over two months. Heavy rain and heat. This weekend I went to start it, and had low battery. Only clinking, not enought to start. Connected charger for about an hour, and then cranked. No problem, but after 5 to 8 minutes the engine stopped. It started a number of times after this but would not stay running. Soetimes the Start Button did nothing. Battery was only 6 months old, but I went and purchased another one anyway because I didn't have time to deal with charging. New battery install and started - no problem. Seems to run good. Drove around for 10 minutes and came back and let it idle while I put the battery cover on. When I got in the car I found the TACH, Speedo, and the 4 gauges reading (0) and the four red lights on each gauge on. I shut off and re-cycled the key and re-started. All workng again, but only for a moment or two. Drove the car home about 12 miles in this condition. The gauges and tach/speedo would pop up working for maybe 20 seconds and then quit, sometimes coming on but mostly off. Engine seems fine and a/c good at all times.
I'm guessing maybe moisture build up somewhere in a connector, or computer issue, but if anybody has an idea I would like to hear.
Thanks in advance....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang