Tail of the Dragon - Annual Gatlinburg Viper Gathering

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, for those of you who have been there and done that or those of you wanna-be Dragon Tamers. We have tentatively scheduled our Gatlinburg Tail of the Dragon event for May 31st through June 2. Hotel is again the Greystone Lodge at the Aguarium and it is currently being totally renovated. Viper folks get a discount at $77 for Thursday and $90 for Friday and Saturday nights.

Our crack event staff is hard at work on this to plan cruises and meals but if you want to be there, put it on your calendar now so you can enjoy some of the best roads in the east. More info to follow. Also we had a lot of request for T-shirts. Mike has some of last year's left and we can order more. Let us know if you're interested so we can plan accordingly. You know this is not to be missed!

OP
OP
J

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Schedule for Gatlinburg

OK here is where we are now with our Gatlinburg Gathering aka the Tail of the Dragon Thrashing
Some rooms still available and the hotel says they will assign more if need be - call soon!

Friday – Meeting North I-75 around 10 am EST, drive TOD, go to hotel in afternoon. South I-75 will meet around 12:00 EST. Lunch in and around Tellico Plains then on to Cherohala Skyway and Tail of the Dragon.
Meet and greet Crystelle Creek – 5:00 pm, Dinner around 6:30
Saturday – Cruises starting around 10 am– Cades Cove, Area Cruise, or on your own Back at hotel by 4:00 pm. Parade at 6:15 pm Dinner at Cherokee Grill afterwards around 6:40 pm
Sunday – Time for breakfasting, visiting, or travel home

Gatlinburg Numbers
Greystone Lodge 559 Parkway Gatlinburg, TN 37738 (800) 451-9202
Crystelle Creek 1654 East Parkway Gatlinburg, TN 37738
Website (Check it out!) http://www.crystellecreek.com/#
Meeting in Knoxville Thursday? The Comfort Suites Knoxville – West, 811 North Campbell Station Road
Knoxville, TN 37932 (865) 675-7585

If you want a T-shirt(s) please let me know so we can order enough and the right size.
Email info to: [email protected]

OP
OP
J

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gatlinburg Gathering and Tail of the Dragon May 31-June 2 Schedule

Drive to Gatlinburg on Friday May 31

I-40 Cambell Station Road Knoxville – Chip Winter will leave the ******* Barrel on I-40 at 10:30 am EST headed toward Tellico Plains, the Skyway and the Dragon. Contact phone for Chip 615-587-0276

Cleveland Highway 64 Bypass near Hwy 411 at McDonalds Todd Sickler will meet folks and leave at 11:30 am EST headed toward Ocoee, Tellico Plains, the Skyway, and the Dragon. Contact number for Todd 423-447-8947
Greystone Lodge (Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 Phone (800-451-9202 )

Friday Afternoon Starting around 5:00 pm will have the Meet and Greet at the Crystelle Creek (1654 E Pkwy Gatlinburg, TN 37738 (865) 430-1551 Dinner around 6:30

Saturday – Cruises starting around 10 am–Dandrige lake area cruise with boat ride lunch, Cades Cove Cruise, Fast Group Cruise, or on your own

Viper Parade at 6:15 pm promptly Lined up and ready by 6:15 pm Dinner at Cherokee Grill afterwards around 6:40 pm Parking is free behind the restaurant in the parking area.

Sunday – Time for visiting or travel home

Please contact us if there are questions.

Last edited: