Tangled with a 2010 SS Camaro...

red01GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He lost...:drive:

Earlier today I was stuck (driving my 01 GTS) in traffic and noticed a nice looking new orange SS Camaro comming up behind me. He got free of the traffic just before I did and passed me on the right accelerating hard (open road ahead for quite a ways). I got free of traffic 2 to 3 car lengths behind him. Pulled up behind him in 2nd into 3rd. Pulled by in third and shifted fourth as I pulled in front. Nothing he could do, not enough torque. I love my Viper!

Still, a nice looking SS.:D

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd think even a stock GTS would stomp an SS. A friend and I were with a pack of 3 on the way back from a car show 2 weeks ago but we never got enough room to run. I'm still waiting for my first real challenge in the new car...

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
322.9 RWHP / 342.6 RWTQ with a weight handicap makes them no threat to a stock Gen 2 unless there's driver error. Numbers are just numbers, thanks for doing your civic duty to demonstrate the point for the Camaro!!!

OP
OP
R

red01GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is pretty close to stock, Vipair, K&N's, Smooth tubes, Corsa Cat-back, and a Roe Racing computer program.

Can't wait until I get the heads and cam done:D.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I just got a ticket for doing over 100 mph. Not fun. Be careful out there.

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a new camero out at the 1/8th mile strip. My friends srt8 charger and another chrysler 300 beat it by at least a half second. I'm about .3 seconds faster than the 300 and .5 on the charger with a 93 stock viper. I only have smooth tubes and my tires ****, too old. I like to watch the vettes and GTO's avoid going up against me as they juggle in line to get away.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
100+ tickets are always fun. Definitely pick up an attorney. It's worth the money, most of mine totaled around $800 with zero to very few points (I have done four cross-country road rallies).

Nick

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was so stoked about the new Camaros and they are awesome but they are not in the same league as a Viper obviously... They will be everywhere this time next year. I believe they have already made as many 2010 Camaros as total Viper production for all years... The guy in the Camaro was probably shocked that he even got your attention.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the more i see them, the more my first impression of them ring true when it was still concept... a doodle project by a first year design student.... the lines, cuts and creases don't make any sense

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Jason, those cuffs went rather well with your earing! Heh heh, j/k! So the plate's kind of a pre-emptive apology to law enforcement, huh?

AZTVR, "School zone" HA HAH, yeah, that'd make me popular with the Puritans in law enforcement!

Camfab, he wrote me for 105, just to avoid the "speedo calibration" defense, so it cant easily be downgraded to a lesser violation. He did admit that he saw the van tailgating me closely, so maybe the judge will allow some kind of defensive driving explanation.

Whiteout, Thanks for the advice on the 100+ ticket, definitely looking into a lawyer.

Back on topic, I think they got a 425 hp Camaro for like $30K? Not a bad deal, for a daily driver. IRS, too. Instead of the solid axle my Mustang GT has.