Target Laser Echo LRC100 Laser Jammer

VENM8R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Click here for Laser Jammer info

You must be registered for see images

I didn't find any info in the archives on this product. Far-fetched or does it really work? I would think the width of the (laser jammer) beam and lack of being able to aim it, would seriously hamper its effectiveness.

(My interest is purely for theoretical discussions only; of course).

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was one laser jammer that apparently does work the "Blinder", if I recall the name correctly. And these aren't illegal anywhere to my recollection (though some state might've stepped up to the plate by now).

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's some test data on a few laser jammers.

I worked for many years in electronic warfare. The laser jammers available today may very well do what they claim. The laser diode emitters used in these devices are, as far as the FCC is concerned, legal. There is no reason why a laser jammer could not put out enough energy to be effective.
A radar jammer however, would require a microwave source that would be illegal for use in a jammer. This would prevent a company from selling jammers to the public. Thus, radar jammers sold to the public are BS.

It look's like the laser jammers are for real.

http://www.radartest.com/article.asp?articleid=8502

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Joe, what are the, for information purposely only, parts needed to make a working jammer. One that would only come on when needed.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How often troopers use Laser instead of KA or other bands?
Are 100% or just a small fraction of police cars equipped with lasers?

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
more and more each week! a few years ago only state troopers had them on a testing type basis now several or more of the large and medium sized municipalities have them.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the lidar receiver is blind to energy outside its design bandwidth.
I don't believe headlights would bother it. When you think about it, daytime sunlight would be a much more difficult environment and we know they work in the daytime.

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then new LED tail lights (like some GM vehicles have) might make a difference if targeted from behind. These seem to trigger my V1 laser detector.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How often troopers use Laser instead of KA or other bands?
Are 100% or just a small fraction of police cars equipped with lasers?
A bunch!!!!!! We were driving to St. Augustine and driving through Tallahassee, FL the ***** pigs had themselves lined up for takeoff while their partner was up on top of the bridge lazing every car!!!!! :mad: :mad: I could not believe it when my Bel 980 went of full signal stregth on the lazer band. They had this set up on EVERY bridge in the county, bastages :mad: :mad: I saw no less than 3 cars pulled over on myside of the road and four on the other! I hope they burn their retnas up :D

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out the article about the hidden ****** Passport SRX in the Gen III forum. It has some multi beam jamming capability.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, you can always just surround your car with an array of 908nm laser diodes, blind all them LIDAR devices! Someone just needs to make a Pulsed Nd:YAG Laser LIDAR "search and destroy" turret, to mount on your roof... lol, just aim...and goodbye Lidar. A couple Kw of 908nm would surely cook that Lidar's reciever... just hope it doesnt incinerate the cop holding it! LMAO

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Food for thought - I run without a plate and often go thru a laser trap in the same city at the same location.

There are two things to remember neither laser or radar measure true speed unless they are directly in front or back. As the incident angle grows so does the inaccuracy (in your favor). Take your true speed times the cosine of the incident angle to get what he sees.

The point is, if they always set up on the right side of the highway your car will show the slowest speed if you are all the way over in the left lane. This differential grows with the width of the road or the closer he is when he goes hot.

The second issue, in this one municipality they have shot my car with a laser several times. I do not know if it is the angle (I'm am four lanes over) or just the electronic print (plus no plate) the viper gives, however, each time they have shot me, you can see they are not registering anything. As I said this scenario has repeated itself several times.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might have something to do with the colour or lack of a front facing flat surface(no plate).No front plate for me either.When I get nailed they will probably take me away in handcuffs. Bruce

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala