temperature getting around that 250 range ????

venemous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey is this normal in the winter on 50 60 degree days . My car rises almost to the orange 230 and will go down then back up again. This cant be good for the car it is a 93rt. Anyone have some advice this is scaring me.
John

OP
OP
V

venemous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ben, the thermostat I have not checked and what is burped the coolant system ??? Tell me how and I will try it
John

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is a PERFECT example of "The Year Matters!"

1) You definitely need to BURP your motor of trapped air.
92-93 radiator caps are BELOW the coolant in the block. Taking off the cap while the car is parked flat 100% guarantees coolant backflow and trapped air.

2) SOMEWHERE on this site are my complete burping instructions...

3) 1992-93 Temp Guage is 'overly sensitive' and was re-calibrated in 1994 onward.

4) Your T-stat is probably not involved in this problem.

5) You may e-mail me directly as well

JonB PartsRack

SNAKOIL VA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a 93 as well. It ran hot until I burped it. I used a new battery fluid filler to put water in the puke bottle. I added anti-freeze and water wetter which helped tremendously.

However, the best thing you can do is add Sean Roe's fan kit to your car. I added one last summer and it always ran 10-15 degrees cooler in traffic. Does a great job of after shut off cool down as well. Takes about an hour to "read and understand" and install. If I had to do it a second time- probably 20 minutes.

Check this site for his equipment:

http://www.roeracingonline.com/portfolio.html

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by SNAKOIL VA on January 29, 2001 at 22:34</font>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc