testing window motor?

mdurbahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is there an ez/quick way to test the window motors to see if the switch or motor is bad on a gts?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Swap the switches DS to PS. Usually the DS gets more use. You can also pull the door panel and hook a battery charger or battery straight to the motor. Same thing too at the switch wiring as you can hook the battery up there, but make sure you're up to speed with the wiring before inducing voltage. Pull the fuse too if you decide to use the switch wiring versus straight at the motor.

I've done all of those things. End result was bad switch.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And the switch might not actually be bad - just needs a bit of cleaning.

Both of my windows stopped working. I removed the switches, hosed them thoroughly with contact cleaner, put everything back together and now they work wonderfully.

I'm not sure what the cost of a new switch is but I bet a can of contact cleaner is less expensive. ;)

OP
OP
M

mdurbahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And the switch might not actually be bad - just needs a bit of cleaning.

Both of my windows stopped working. I removed the switches, hosed them thoroughly with contact cleaner, put everything back together and now they work wonderfully.

I'm not sure what the cost of a new switch is but I bet a can of contact cleaner is less expensive. ;)

Yea I actually took it apart and cleaned it with brake cleaner and it worked again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456