Thanks Chuck Tator! (2" seat lowering / B&M install)

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys I just wanted to make a post and thank Chuck Tator & TATOR's DODGE for his work and assistance with my car.

Prior to purchasing the car, he helped with the VIN info, remaining warranty coverage, and service history on about 2 or 3 cars. He also gave me the Viper Basics 2minute tutorial. He always called me back promptly, etc and this was before I spent any money with him! I really appreciate and respect someone with those business standards.

I picked up a super clean 2004 SRT-10 (in service date of Jan 05), RED with 7k on the clock back in August.:drive: :drive:

Fast Forward to Xmas week, and I dropped my car off at Tators (a 25min drive - eat your hearts out all your far away guys! lol :headbang: :2tu: ) And I had a basic service, NWE 2" seat lowering, B&M shifter, MGW shiftknob, and MGW chrome trim pieces installed.

I picked the car up on Friday and I just drove home and parked it, but today I had a chance to get about 1hour of seat time in and the seat lowering has helped immensely! I'm 6'4" / 200lbs and the car is much more comfortable. I always felt like I was putting on a pair of pants that were 1 size too small when I got in the VIPER. It felt as if I was sitting too high in relation to the dash and windsheild header. With the seat lowering, I feel like I'm back in a regular car again. I can move freely, and visibility ahead and to the sides is still good (rearward is not so great). My seat is slightly moved forward and this allows a more reclined seatback angle so I don't have to sit bolt upright anymore, I hated that seat position. Legroom is still pretty good, and now my knee isn't hitting my keys all the time. (Note: I removed my dead pedal the day I got the car, so I have a nice area to extend my left leg, if you have not tried it, remove yours too!)

The B&M shifter is a huge impovement as well. Although you still will not mistake it for a snickety snick Acura shifter, its much quicker throws and reduced shift lever height are a welcomed improvement. This will sound funny, but the seat lowering and short shifter both make the car a more comfortable drive. The shifter just falls readliy in your hand now. I could not imagine having the 2" seat loweing and the stock height shifter! Must feel like trying to play tennis with Serena Williams while on your knees! lol I purchased the shifter to remedy a couple botched 3-4shifts, but I read up on the forums about the "thumb-down" 3-4 shift and I never missed another shift, even with the stock shifter. My motto is "stay focused, don't slam the shifter, relax". I missed a couple times the first week I got the car, but I have not missed since. The shifter is still a very nice mod, and I would highly recommend it.

I hope this is somewhat helpful for new guys

OP
OP
D

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And before someone else says it, I know

:needpics:

But I picked the car up at 5pm on Friday and had to run so no photo-op with Chuck

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Upgrade your account to "Owner" and start enjoying life with a Viper. Welcome to the club. Get some pics up when ya can and keep the rubber side down.

:usa:

OP
OP
D

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Upgrade your account to "Owner" and start enjoying life with a Viper. Welcome to the club. Get some pics up when ya can and keep the rubber side down.

:usa:

Thanks Rob, I'm actually waiting for a Mod to upgrade my account status now. I paid my VCA fees last so I'm looking forward to some of the NY/CT events.

Its supposed to be VERY warm here in NY today so I'm going to grab some pics! :2tu:

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the write-up. I'm also 6'4 and was looking to do the same thing. This helps a lot

OP
OP
D

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And before someone else says it, I know

:needpics:

But I picked the car up at 5pm on Friday and had to run so no photo-op with Chuck

The weather here in NYC has been AMAZING!! I had my top down at 7pm last night!! I was so busy driving I forgot to take pics. I took some after work today.

Here they are:

You must be registered for see images

This pic shows how much lower the drivers side is with the lowering kit

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you loose the front to back sliding adjustment with the 2 inch lowering kit?

OP
OP
D

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you loose the front to back sliding adjustment with the 2 inch lowering kit?

Yes, with the 2" kit you no longer have any fore-aft ajusment of the seat. I'm tall so I dont need it, and if someone shorter than me needs to move the car, I figure the adjustable pedals will compensate.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude